AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
6,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on putting Linacoustic on my screenwall. First question, should it also cover the area where the screen will mount on the wall?

More importantly, I see where people use GOM fabric on the side walls. Do you use the same for the screen wall and if not what would you use? I read about someone using something called Commando material.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Yes, you can use GOM on the screen wall.

Many people build a false wall 18-24" out from the front wall. They use the false wall to mount the screen. Then the entire front wall can be covered with Linacoustic, speakers placed between the front and false walls, and GOM for the false wall to hide the linacoustic/speakers.

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
Installyour bracket then put up your linacoustic. I would only cover the rest of the wall that is exposed with GOM. The only reason I would go with gom is that it is fire rated. Otherwise cheap speaker grill fabric or eqivalent does the job.

·
Banned
6,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
okay, i will sound dumb, but what bracket? The brackets for the screens

Sleeks, I appreciate the advice on the false wall. I dont have alot of space as it is so I dont have the luxury of doing this. My plan is for my speakers to be on stands anyway

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Then I would just put up the screen. Then put up the linacoustic around it.

Then cover the linacoustic with GOM.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I think I would put the linacoustic material on the entire wall first, then put your screen wall up to it, covering the outer portions of your screen wall with GOM only.

Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.