AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend went out and got a heck of a deal at Magnolia HiFi for a Pioneer 5070 TV and went to CC and got another great deal on a Bello' stand that matches the TV perfect. Enjoyed some playoof football in HD yesterday and can't wait for 24 tonight on HD. Here's a pic of my setup. Need to clean the wires up a little bit, but I can live with it for now.

·
Banned
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipsPhanatic /forum/post/0

Congrats on the TV and many happy hours of enjoyment....how'd you like "24" in HD ??

"24" was great tonight in HD. Got my digital coaxial cable hooked up to my comcast box tonight also to give me full 5.1 surround sound. I went from an older Pioneer Elite Pro 98 (before HD) and it has a great picture for an SD set, but what a difference HD makes.

·
Banned
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero_wrx /forum/post/0

question for you max...i bought a 5070 last week and noticed that it buzzes when u have the volume lower...when it changes from scene to scene.....especially to a whiter scene.

Does yours buzz?

Never noticed any buzzing from mine. Maybe you have a ground loop that's causing it. Check to make sure all cables are tight and secure and also the routing.

·
Premium Member
18,327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluecollar13 /forum/post/0

Sorry, I'm new to the forums so is this a rule? I have seen pricing all over other threads here.........is pricing talk forbidden?

MSRP/List/Retail prices are allowed, but discount/sale/street prices are not allowed and are soon deleted by the forum's moderators.

Whenever you first join any forum, you should find and read that forum's rules and FAQs before posting. It's usually among the "sticky" posts stuck at the top of the forum, like the one here that you must have missed

FAQ and Rules Link

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
max, congrats on a FANTASTIC PDP, there is nothing like watching TV in HD, with a PDP like that you need to get www.Dishnetwork.com , I got the Platinum package with all the HD chanells including locals in HD, most extensive HD package out there today, no cable or other satelite provider compares, left my Cable company TW Cable after 15 years, and could not have done it sooner, again, congrats and enjoy, you picked a great PDP.

·
Premium Member
18,327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhark /forum/post/0

so how long do I have to wait to get one of these for $2000 shipped. Will it be when the new one comes out?? If so what is the ETA on those

I doubt you'd ever see a 5070 get down that low, and if it's successor ever does it would probably be at least a few years if at all, but i doubt even that.

The current models were released in late June last year, so the new ones will probably be released about the same time this year.

·
Banned
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys. I appreciate all your comments and I can't say enough about the Pioneer 5070HD. I'm probably the biggest procrastinator and research decisions like this till I'm blue in the face and have absolutely no regrets.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters /forum/post/0

I doubt you'd ever see a 5070 get down that low, and if it's successor ever does it would probably be at least a few years if at all, but i doubt even that.

The current models were released in late June last year, so the new ones will probably be released about the same time this year.

the continental one pass has it down to 2311 now and visual apex has a good price on it too. may not hit $2k with the 5070 but maybe the next models will.

·
Banned
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabrook /forum/post/0

Nice setup! I'd raise your left speaker so its height matches the right speaker's.

Yeah, that's next on my list to build a speaker stand so that they are at the same height. Unfortunately I have run out of room along that wall as I would like to have them on matching stands but sometimes improvisation is necessary to make a less than good situation into a better situation.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero_wrx /forum/post/0

question for you max...i bought a 5070 last week and noticed that it buzzes when u have the volume lower...when it changes from scene to scene.....especially to a whiter scene.

Does yours buzz?

i don't have any buzzing from my set, sorry that you have that. Maybe call pioneer tech support and they could lead you to the answer to fix that.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.