AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well since I will be mounting my pj on the ceiling soon I switched it to reversed scan so that the image would be upside down. Well it was not only upside down but severely needing realignment!

I figured this would be a good time to do a reset all! And well I am glad I did! I use to have horizontal bans on my "white" screen, it was BARELY noticeable during movies, but during white or very bright scenes it was. This is gone! I was sure it was mild burn in because looking at the tubes I could see this problem, MAYBE I caught it in time, I don't know.

I couldn't use more than 640x480 on a HTPC before, I haven't tried yet but I'm hoping the reset all solves this.

Lots of tweeks to do now to get the picture back to what it once was.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have 1280 x 1024 @ 75Hz with my Marquee 8000. It may not be the sharpest solution (especially in the corners), but looks beautiful with movies anyway. I have been too lazy to try special resolutions with Powerstrip, but maybe some day...

When I got my Marquee some three years ago I pretty soon reseted the projector and started from the beginning. Marquees are very easy to adjust. Menus are good and the helps, if you need them, go step by step. You can also try to optimize every single tube's bias and gain with service mode (password 0901, which you probably knew already).

If you e-mail me [email protected] , I will send you and pdf-version of Marquees Training Manual (in case you don't have it). It covers about everything you need to know when setting up the projector.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the training manual the same as the manual? I have that, it seems to have the EXACT same steps that are in the help menu.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
My current Marquee was so badly mangled in setup that I couldn't even see the menu screeens unless I had the contrast and brightness at maximum, then it was so blurry I couldn't read it. Luckily before resigning it to the parts bin, I remembered the "Reset Everything" location and did it.

WOW! I was shocked. The projector that seemed to be on its last legs works perfectly with everything reset! It's amazing how badly scrrewed up you can get a pj if you frig around with it willy nilly !

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well put it this way, before the reset all I could not use any resolution other than 640x480, nor would component in with interlaced DVD work, now it does! Although progressive is moocho better, but it's nice to know these things work.

BUT.... I noticed something that I had never before. It may be normal, it looks like a red light is flashing inside. If I look at the back of the unit through the slits in the metal on the blue gun side, these seems to be a red led flashing on and off. It looks like it's on the vertical mocdule I'm not sure though. Is this normal? I couldn't ever see the back so maybe it alwasy did this, but I never noticed?

It only does it if a source is on, with no source it's not there, ilke if I do convergence or something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.