AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the plunge. With my WAF and time running out, I had to act fast. I ordered a 503CMX and 5002 video card from DELL just before the 10% off discount expired. With nothing to lose I asked them for 20% off and they said yes. I almost fell out of my chair. Wait, I did fall out of my chair!! Now I can use my savings to purchase the Bello A/V unit that I wanted.

Thanks everyone for your expertise and input!:D

·
Registered
66 Posts
What was your final cost, including delivery? Did you go through home and home office, or small business? Do you have a CSR rep name? I may be interested for 20% off.

Thanks

·
Registered
393 Posts
Couger75,

You didn't get the stand? If your planning to use the 2 included "feet" make sure you bolt the "feet" down. I'm assuming that the Bello your planning to buy has a glass top? If so, bolting the feet down might be a problem.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DELL does not currently carry the PDK-TS01 stand for this model. Two of the three Bello units don't require the stand, however, I am fond of the one that will. I will have to purchase the stand elsewhere.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Three times I've called Dell now, and two times the salespeople were willing but were turned down by the manager. Do I need to say a secret password? Maybe I should try saying "Fandango".

Chi

·
Registered
159 Posts
I managed to obtain 20% off with shipping included today (5/30) from Dell. I ordered the Pioneer 503MX [sic], PDA-5002 card, and desk stand which does not appear on the web site. The salesperson had to track it down and verify the model number against Pioneer's web site. Hopefully the stand is the right model number.

For anyone who has difficulty obtaining the discount - this was my 4th try - the key is calling the right shift. Shifts overlap, but the morning shift does not seem to require manager approval, unlike the evening shift whose managers refused the discount 3 times before.

Perhaps the evening shift is used to train new sales associates who have less leeway or that Dell has decided that people on the west coast are not privy to discounts. In any case, my salesperson was Brian at extension 45444.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Ross
Bryan,

Wife Approval Factor (WAF)
Hahaha.. =D

I can see why you needed to act quickly.. those WAFs and GAFs can be so ephemeral some times..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Piney, thanks for the tip. I called Brian as well and got the same deal as you. Pioneer 503 CMX, PDA 5002 and the desk stand, 20% off, shipping included. I am so excited...

:)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My PDK-TS01 stand arrived today. It just fits on the top of my Bello PVS4202 A/V stand. Will be busy tonight assembling everything. Stand looks nice, but a lot of money for what it is (some plastic in base). Well, I would have still needed it down the road when this plasma goes into the bedroom to be replaced by some future object of my desires. WAF level went through the roof upon arrival of plasma.:)

·
Registered
674 Posts
woohoo! Just bought mine from Brian, I'm purchasing the video card and the table top stand separately. $7104.76 for the display, including shipping. Should arrive next Monday or Tuesday!!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm glad my experience of calling Dell so many times did not go to waste and was of benefit to others. Brian was great to work with. I received the 503CMX, 5002 card, and stand on Monday just 2 business days after ordering the unit.

I concur with cougar's observations on the stand. It's ok, but underwhelming for the price. I'm sure it helps make up for the thin margins on the plasma itself.

Marc: Call the home sales number at Dell, then use the extension above to reach Brian.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Yeah, can you describe the stand that you got from Dell? I wasn't sure what theirs would look like so I purchased the PDK-TS01 from another vendor since Dell doesn't sell that. Paid $245 including shipping for that stand.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Dell sells the same one that you bought, the PDK-TS01. I couldn't find it on their online site, but with a little hunting they found it for me.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Well, Brian kept bringing up the PDP503 stand, which I didn't know what it looked like so I just found my stand elsewhere. Pretty sure mine is competitively priced.

·
Registered
10 Posts
He he, just ordered a 503CMX from Brian as well :D

That guy's pretty cool! Now llogan where did you get your stand from?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.