AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Just as the title states, what (if any) is the difference between these two projectors? Is it only cosmetic (black vs. silver face plate)? Is there more too it? I have the option to buy an RS1 at a good price, but I want to make sure it offers the same quality as the HD1, slotted for Australia.

Any insight would be welcome.

Cheers,

Chris

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
The Japan import site is shows a Black HD1 is available for a slight upcharge too?

·
Registered
915 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Turk /forum/post/0

There are a set of differences that JVC will annouce soon. Stay tuned.

Jason,

The UK group received a 3 year warranty on their pre-buy units. Are we going to get similar consideration?

·
Registered
314 Posts
I hope the difference between the pro and consumer model is more than just warranty. Maybe the pro version will be like the Pioneer Elite models and in addition to a cosmetiic difference it also allows more access to picture controls for the tweaker amongst us.

·
Registered
17,239 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerwill /forum/post/0

Yes, very interesting. What would really be nice is if the RS1's get a higher level of QC and checking for 'perfect' shading, convergence, etc., before they go out.

This is exactly what I am hoping for. Man that would be sweet!

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
... along with vertical stretch for 2.35.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
The two PJ's are exactly the same, internally and going through QC. As JVC moves into a new branding category (RS-Reference Series), they are applying that designation to the products meant for custom install, etc. The different look also includes a different set of serial numbers between the two, and these are the only differences.

Whether (or IF) CH becomes available for both models, or just the RS-1, is another matter.

Since JVC priced both at the same SRP, no feelings should be hurt.

Jim

·
Registered
1,623 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah katz /forum/post/0

Tom Stites said that the RS1 would have that extra 1%, of what, he did not specify.

If that's the case (not referring to whether or not Tom said that, only to whether it has an "extra" something), then some folks at JVC aren't talking to each other. (It would be nice, but then the SRP of the units doesn't make sense.)

I guess my concern is that people hear a comment and translate that to an expectation that, when unfulfulled, causes an unjustified "hit" on the manuafacturer.

Jim

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.