AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the numbers only the ones than I see here.

And with this the test of Mark Reijon not is perfect only the middle lines.

Than I can do, when I touch the pixel clock in the powerstrip the proyector is crazy searching the best automatic resolution and I have to put all the parameters other time in the plv-60 personal settings.

I need help of a solydari soul to achive the pixel perfectioooon pleaseeee.

Someone owner of plv-60 or cinema13 got the pixel perfection in your machine?

best regards

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
You need to set up the Powerstrip times first and then leave the pc alone. Then adjust the pj until you get 1:1 mapping. I haven't had my 13HD for some time now and I can't remember the settings on the PJ. I'm sure somelese around hear can help out.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had this now but when I want reach than the Mark reijon test are right in the screen I need change the paremeters on plv-60 And in this moment is when the projector is in autopc adjust.

What numbers got in your cinema13 settings?

Best regards

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a PLV-60. Maybe the following helps.

Warnings first:

- I'm making up the procedure (not following it) so I may have missed something.

- I'm not making any claim that these settings are 'optimal' or even 'safe'. They work for me though.

Down to business:

0) Get PC into 1024x768.

1) Use the PLV-60 menus to set

Total dots 1504

Total lines 803

Display area H 1360

Display area V 768

I guess the PC screen is a mess but the PJ menus work.

Save these settings (On mine the menu for this is 'Stored').

2) Select Auto Adjust on PLV-60 so you can see the PC screen again.

3) Adjust powerstrip:

.. Horizontal

Active 1360

Front porch 16

Sync width 104

Back porch 24

Total 1504

.. Vertical

Active 768

Front porch 16

Sync width 3

Back porch 16

Total 803

I use the following command line for this ...

"C:\\Program Files\\PowerStrip\\PStrip.exe" /T:1360,16,104,24,768,16,3,16,72484,2048

(I have no clue what the 2048 means)

The PJ should sync automatically (using your new stored PJ mode) with the picture clear, maybe displaced horizontally or vertically.

4) Back to PJ menu. Adjust ....

Horizontal

Vertical

Fine sync

The effect of these will be obvious (you need Mark's pattern for the fine sync)

I've used my PJ for ~1200 hours so something must be right :)

/Tim

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With these settings you got a clean lines of Mark test ?

I got more or less satisfaid with the dvd image and Iwant reach the pixel perfection.

I got the dila standar config for 1360x768 and with this I see very good image but no the right Mark's test pattern.

I got a littel yellow push in the faces ,you are solved this or don't have this problem.

I got the htpc by one week and I want achive all than Ican of this.

And I got about 923 h in my lamp How is your lamp with 1200h or you change the lamp to 1000h.

Thanks I try this afternon.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tim

I was testing your numbers but I don't like those I got before those the estandar 1360x768(dila) from powerstrip standar settings and for my this is more soft picture and best sharp.

Whit your numbers I see the pixels from 5mts and I loose definition,I am pleased of your help.

I don't know if I am doing right and what pixel clock hav with these numbers.

Best regards an thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
Quote:
With these settings you got a clean lines of Mark test ?
Yes, I have a 1360x768 desktop with Mark Rejhon's test pattern wallpaper and it is perfect.

Quote:
I got a littel yellow push in the faces ,you are solved this or don't have this problem.
I have solved this and various other problems by looking at test patterns from Displaymate (a software product) and playing endlessly with the dac settings in the service menu. There's various views on this kind of thing over at Big Picture . I made progress after reading some posts from BigRalf3. You may have to dig around in the archives though.

Quote:
And I got about 923 h in my lamp How is your lamp with 1200h or you change the lamp to 1000h.
I simply haven't changed the bulb yet.

/Tim

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry more questions

Is posible than you say me all numbers included pixel clock and you got the problem of more visible pixels with this settings.

And how you change dac settings I know put the sevice menu but how change the numbers into service menu.

I got a shadow vertical line lightly visible in the right side of the screen too.

Best regards and thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tonight I probe other time with the line direct to execute and the screen turn red and when y change the pixel clock not improvement the screen .

And I don't understand how this numbers are good in your plv-60.

Best regards

Tonigh use in a compare the component dvd player and htpc way input 1 vga and the improvement is overall.

I think than this way component are impressive but from htpc is the more near to cinema than I see until the moment (is possible than I don't see to much) but the image is more clear and sharp and I achive blacks and whites very goods.

Only I have improve the skin colors than some times got lighty yellow brights.

How dvd software use for htpc.

Best regards and thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
Javier,

I'm not certain that I understand all your questions. Ask again if I miss something.
Quote:
Whit your numbers I see the pixels from 5mts and I loose definition.
This doesn't sound right unless your screen is several meters wide. The dot over this letter 'i' is one pixel. I can see this if I sit one screen width away (i.e. screen is 2m wide and I sit 2m away) but I doubt I can see it at two screen widths (4m away in my case).
Quote:
I don't know if I am doing right and what pixel clock hav with these numbers.
The pixel clock in pstrip is 72.484 Mhz. This is the 72484 number in the pstrip command line that I quoted earlier.

So the vertical refresh rate is 60.017 Hz and the horizontal scan rate is 48.194 kHz.
Quote:
...and you got the problem of more visible pixels with this settings.
As I said above, are you sure that you are seeing the pixels? I don't have a component dvd player so I don't have to live with a comparison :).

Anyway for my HTPC I try to have the clearest possible desktop. This means:

- pixel perfect using Marks pattern (or displaymate)

- fine sync adjusted (again using Marks pattern)

- no visible shadows around vertical lines (caused by ringing from the cable or mis-adusted dacs).

- no scaling by the pj. ('true' mode on the pj menu)

- lastly adjust the HTPC overlay settings using AVIA.
Quote:
And how you change dac settings I know put the sevice menu but how change the numbers into service menu.
This may help. I tried to isolate the problems that I saw on the desktop or in movies to artifacts in test patterns. Then I experimented with the service menu while looking at the test patterns.
Quote:
I got a shadow vertical line lightly visible in the right side of the screen too.
In my case I used displaymate test patterns to work out what colour the problem was in. Using the displaymate 'video bandwidth' test pattern I could clearly see that the problem was in the blue and not in green or red. So I played with anything in the service menu with a name that suggested that it affected blue only. Eventually I got rid of the line/shadow by using service menu setting #046.
Quote:
And I don't understand how this numbers are good in your plv-60.
Here's an idea. Why don't you read you pstrip settings from the screen, read your pj settings from the menu and post them. I can see if I have anymore ideas.
Quote:
Only I have improve the skin colors than some times got lighty yellow brights.
I used to have this problem. I don't know exactly how I fixed it but I do know that I have never changed any color balance parameters, only dac settings.

Using patterns I think you will find that you have a problem is in the grey scale where low intensity greys look yellowish. The eye is more sensitive to problems with green, rather than blue or red. And the brain is particularly sensitive to inappropriate face color.
Quote:
How dvd software use for htpc.
I use WinDVD 3.0 or TheaterTek 1.5. Some knowledgable and respected people here are strongly favour of TheaterTek for PQ. I find WinDVD more reliable and the PQ differences are not obvious to me. Maybe I haven't worked out what to look for.

The only adustment that I have made is to use AVIA to calibrate the overlay.

/Tim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.