AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own PowerDVD 4.0 and WinDVD 3.0. PowerDVD works great for 4 speaker surround.

I download zoomplayer, register filters & try every combo of PowerDVD and WinDVD audio & video but NO surround? I don't get it! The front channels come out the rear speakers. I'm using a Santa Cruz 5.1 audio card.

Can someone explain this?

·
Registered
262 Posts
I've had similar problems with my Santa Cruz. Don't get me wrong, I love the card and the sound quality is great, but (insert swear word) I can't get it to work properly in zoomplayer with powerdvd audio. I just get stereo and it plays it out of the front and rear speakers at the same time. It bothers me that I can't get dvd's to run in 5.1 sound in zoomplayer but more so it bothers me because I want to use fddshow in zoomplayer and I can't get that to work either. I think I might have gotten it to work before but then it wouldn't work with my divx files so I messed around with it all again. So I'm off track a bit here but right now I still play all my dvds in Powerdvd directly. If you figure out some kind of trick to get it all to work in zoomplayer. Tell me!! But seriously, goodluck. I haven't given up hope yet that with the right combination of filters I will be satisfied.

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
If using SPDIF:

In the control panel, do you have the versajack set for digital out?

Are you using a stereo mini-jack to RCA phono plug patch cable?

Are you using the RED phono plug to plug into the SPDIF input on your reciever?

If you are doing analog, what version of the control panel are you using?

1.02.4158.01 is what I am running. I am in 6 speaker mode with the versajack set to analog out.

Vern

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh man, this isn't very promising. I'm going to play around with it when I get home & some free time this weekend.

Have any of you tried to use the WinDVD audio with PowerDVD video?

I can't wait to get the new M-Audio card.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, got it to work:

I downloaded the WinDVD build filter from [email protected]'s post and placed them in my WinDVD folder.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...cineplayer+1.5

I then re-setup my filters in Zoom as PowerDVD v4 with WinDVD for Default WaveOut Device then re-registered the filters and it worked. I don't know if my WinDVD version is too old, but as soon as I replaced the filters it worked....

Now after downloading the Sonic Cineplayer and viewing the video, I would like to use it and the WinDVD for sound. Since it isn't listed as an option do I have to somehow create my own?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.