AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about picking up a SkyBox ever since they came out and came very close to purchasing one when Home Depot marked them down a few weeks ago. Am I ever glad I didn't. I paid less than Home Depot's clearance price and got one of these:

http://karman.pixelcase.net/CokeFridgeA.jpg

http://karman.pixelcase.net/CokeFridgeB.jpg

Its great. I've seen a million of them in grocery stores, Target, Wal-Mart etc. vending drinks by the cash registers, but I've never seen one like this one. It has light kits on both sides that light up like the front of a Coke machine. It even passed the WAF which I thought was a miracle.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
So, where did you get it?
I mentioned to a friend that I was looking for one as an alternative to a Skybox and he met up with another guy that dealt in Coke stuff (signs, machines, memorabilia, etc.)

Quote:
I bet the needle on your electricity meter is spinning alot faster.
You got that right. I noticed from the id tag that it draws about 6 amps.

Quote:
I used to have a Pepsi cooler by True Mfg.
This one is made by Cavalier. According to the guy I bought it from, it was one of the last things they made before they went out of business. They had already stopped making regular Coke machines at that point.

Quote:
You can put other stuff in yours.
Yeah, that's part of what made it pass the WAF. Although neither of us could figure out what else we would put in it other than drinks.

·
Registered
725 Posts
[

Quote:
Yeah, that's part of what made it pass the WAF. Although neither of us could figure out what else we would put in it other than drinks.
[/quote]

we put m&ms, reeses, mini gatorades and other assorted ht stuff in ours.

·
Registered
131 Posts
cool.. i picked up a cavalier coke machine on ebay for less then the price of a skybox. so where do you put it in relation to your Ht?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In my case, I haven't figured out where it will go yet. I like the theater to be totally silent and the Coke fridge makes a little noise when the compressor is running. I will probably put it in the side room off the theater where we have a few cabinets and a sink.

·
Registered
131 Posts
lol same here!

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Nice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.