AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what is the best method to make sure that Hardware accelartion is working in Power Dvd i dont see any difference whatsoever between enabled and not

my HTPC is a

ATI 3850

AMD 3600X2ee @2ghz

1gig ddr2

690g Mobo

audigy 2zs

Vista home Premium 64

Catalyst 8.1

pulldown detection enabled

i am playing files from a filestore and when i play AVI's and VOBs w/o hardware acceleration CPU usage is around 25% on both cores and when i play w/ Hardware acceleration CPU usage is again 25% on both cores

there is no visible difference between the picture quality on 20" nec wgx2 @1680x1050 (temporary until i can get it working then i will buy panny 50pz70)

this is bugging me any ideas?

thanks

·
Registered
957 Posts
Sorry to be an a-hole but I would recommend you changing your subject line because it infers that you are posting information on how people can make sure that hardware acceleration is working, rather than you asking the question yourself of how to do it. People will click in here thinking you have a solution to an issue a lot of people have.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakyb /forum/post/12989107

I was wondering what is the best method to make sure that Hardware accelartion is working in Power Dvd i dont see any difference whatsoever between enabled and not

my HTPC is a

ATI 3850

AMD 3600X2ee @2ghz

1gig ddr2

690g Mobo

audigy 2zs

Vista home Premium 64

Catalyst 8.1

pulldown detection enabled

i am playing files from a filestore and when i play AVI's and VOBs w/o hardware acceleration CPU usage is around 25% on both cores and when i play w/ Hardware acceleration CPU usage is again 25% on both cores

there is no visible difference between the picture quality on 20" nec wgx2 @1680x1050 (temporary until i can get it working then i will buy panny 50pz70)

this is bugging me any ideas?

thanks

If your files are on a USB drive, then I would expect about 25% cpu usage just to do the data movement over USB. But I wouldn't expect to see 25% usage on both cores.

Are the VOB's just regular old SD DVD VOBs?

Did you make sure that "hardware accelleration" is set to "full" in the ATI control panel as well as the "use hardware accel" setting in PowerDVD?

If all that it set and it doesn't work then it kinda sounds like a bad driver install.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts