Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was watching HBO HD when I saw the preview for Star Wars episode II and it was 4:3 and not 16:9.

Same thing wit Spiderman, and after checking the schedule for Spiderman I realized they are not showing it in HD, so I assume it will the same for the Episode II :(

If they don't show it now in HD we'll have to wait a long time till we see it with our own eyes.

= J =

·
Registered
172 Posts
I just saw the Spiderman promos. It was in OAR...but shrunk to within the 4:3 frame (black bars on the rt & lft) and with white background graphic on the top and bottom. I wouldn't read too much into the promos.

·
Registered
18,928 Posts
If you notice in their calendar, there is no HBO-HD listing at all for the month of May.

I wouldn't worry about it- their first run films will definately be HD- if they're not they'll have a riot on their hands.

·
Registered
800 Posts
HBO is almost always late in updating the HD information on their Web site. Lately they've been especially late with it, sometimes not updating the accessible links until several days into the month.

It's virtually certain that both Spider-Man and Attack of the Clones will air in HD on HBO-HD. It's been years since a new "Saturday Night Guarantee" premiere movie has not been in HD.

·
Registered
13,531 Posts
Spider-man will be in HDTV on HBO.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I agree with rrg: "Star Wars: Episode II" will almost certainly be in HDTV on HBO. It has been more than 2 1/2 years since they've failed to deliver HD on Sat. night premiers. (thats over 120 consecutive HD premiers).

Also, SW:II and Spiderman are both listed as HD in the pdf guide, which hasn't been wrong in over 2 years (not counting screw-ups or bad tapes which are eventually straightened out).

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I didn't see anywhere on that schedule that says they are not showing it in HD. They typically do not list there HBO-HD channel on their schedules. Everything just echose what is on the regular HBO East/West channel.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Even the scenes from last week before shows like the Sopranos, Six Feet under, etc are not shown n HD even though the previous show was and the show you are getting ready to see in 25 seconds is HD. I wouldn't worry too much about that.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
No listing for May? HBO-HD TO DISCONTINUE OPERATIONS AFTER 4/30/2003!!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bfdtv
Spider-man will be in HDTV on HBO.
As I travel through several threads on here and see the inimitable "bfdtv" showing up repreatedly making factual declarations about virtually every topic without backup or qualifying references, again I am forced to wonder if this is someone from the industry. He avoids all queries about who he is or whom he represents or why we should believe anything he says.

I agree that Spiderman will be broadcast in HD, but that i just my assumption based on experience watching HBO for many years and how they handle HD content.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MikeM
As I travel through several threads on here and see the inimitable "bfdtv" showing up repreatedly making factual declarations about virtually every topic without backup or qualifying references, again I am forced to wonder if this is someone from the industry. He avoids all queries about who he is or whom he represents or why we should believe anything he says.

I agree that Spiderman will be broadcast in HD, but that i just my assumption based on experience watching HBO for many years and how they handle HD content.
Maybe he doesnt like to type...

·
Registered
13,531 Posts

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bfdtv
Refer to page 21 of HBO's downloadable PDF guide for May.

It's not rocket science, folks.
Dont forget to Tell them to Enlarge it...

·
Registered
18,928 Posts
I don't need no stinking enlargement.

So, is it safe to say that all new films that get picked up by HBO are in HD at one time or another?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Also remember HBO HD is usually a mirror of HBO EAST so if you dont see the HD chan on the schedule just check the HBO EAST listing.

Stoney

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CCsoftball7
Since HBO HD isn't listed on the HBO web site, does that mean the channel doesn't exist either? (note the sarcasm)
There's a link to HBO HDTV on the home page.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.