AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I an owner of a Panasonic Showstopper and I would like to find out how I can change my channel guide because my channel guide information is wrong and my cable company hasn't done anything about it (it has been more than a month and they still haven't spoken with Zap2It). In the thread about stealing service, someone mentioned that it is possible to alter or replace the channel guide in the older Replay 3000 series (which the Showstopper is based on). Could someone let me know how?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Why don't you contact zap2it and replay directly about your channel line up problems?

A month or so back, my comedy central channel suddenly went from 99 to 1. And sicne it appears on channel 99, I couldn't use the guide for CC. zap2it weren't helpful (claimed their info was right), but Sonic Blue eventually fixed the problem.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Yeah, remapping the channels should be used only as a last resort, when everything else has failed. And that thread you referenced had a link to the answers, why didn't you follow that?

·
Registered
971 Posts
The proper channel (pardon the pun) has always been to call ReplayTV support and let them know the problem. In the past, turnaround typically took just a few days. Believe it or not, they actually want satisfied customers.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did contact Replay.

Replay talked to Zap2It and Zap2It claimed their info was right.

I was then told to talk to my cable company because they reported their channel lineup to Zap2It. I contacted my cable and no change.

I didn't see a link referenced in the thread and the thread is now gone.

BaysideBas, I wouldn't have asked this unless I felt that I am at the end of the road.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.