AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
times are kinda rough right now, so I downgraded to basic cable, 23 channels through time warner, I scanned my hdtv for available analog channels, I got a total of 27, which surprised me. so I checked, and I'm getting the Bravo channel, and faint signals for espn, usa channel, and another, why would that be happening? the bravo channel looks pretty good. 2nd question, is there a way I can make these faint channels look better?

·
Registered
14,210 Posts
Whatever you do, don't mention it to the cableco. I donwgraded once and they put the required trap on my line, but it was a "weak" one that let a few extra-cost channels thru.

I didn't say anything and just watched the less-than-perfect pic. However, one day I had a problem that reqd a visit by the cable techs, who saw the extra channels and immediately went outside and installed a better trap!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea, I scanned for any digital channels. none available. now when I think about it, when the cable guy came over, we spoke about how much its going to suck only having 23 channels, I told him my mother loves the Bravo channel. and which channel is viewable? the Bravo channel. can these cable guys let one channel slip through? if I had known that, I should have mentioned how much I love the USA channel..LOL

now my hdtv picture looks dim, and blurry. I'll probably scan craigslist for a cheap tv

·
Registered
23,230 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilly78201 /forum/post/20771434

yea, I scanned for any digital channels. none available.

Maybe your TV doesn't have a QAM (digital cable) tuner. It may be ATSC (antenna only).

If that's the case, be prepared, because eventually what you get analog today will probably be eliminated and require the use of a DTA (or rent a HD capable cable box).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratman /forum/post/20771592

Maybe your TV doesn't have a QAM (digital cable) tuner. It may be ATSC (antenna only).

If that's the case, be prepared, because eventually what you get analog today will probably be eliminated and require the use of a DTA (or rent a HD capable cable box).

this is the tv I use

Sanyo 15" LCD HDTV with Digital Tuner, DP15647

·
Registered
23,230 Posts
Spec's say it has a QAM tuner...

Make sure when you scan, it's set for "digital cable" and not "antenna".

Typically, cableco's send "locals" in clear QAM. If no success, then it is what it is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.