AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a dream last night that my wife and I were wandering by a HT shop and they had a cheap clone of the Hitachi 5500 being demo'd

We stopped in and they were selling the demo unit for $1200 w/ no warranty. I decided that at least it would be cool to see what it was that I was getting so excited about in this projector and started checking it out.

Of course it started getting weird then, The projector had some really strange pixel issues when I stood up close and there were tons of dead ones so the thought of getting the demo unit was out :) Then my wife was trying to configure the pj via this large color coded keyboard (kind of like a video editing keyboard) and the setting she wanted to change required something like 5 or 6 simultaneous keys to be pressed and her hands weren't big enough. I tried telling her that any setting that is that hard to change is probably not meant to be changed lightly!

So I checked out the remote control and it looked like something somebody made in a CE class!

Sigh, I can't believe I'm dreaming about projectors now. My wife just shook her head when I told her about my dream. I'm hoping she'll understand once she see's what the Hitachi can do!

:D

Kevin

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Your wife should understand just so long as you don't call out "Hitachi 5500" rather than your wife's name during sex.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually she is pretty understanding and would probably even let that fly... :) Though she would definitely never let me live it down! :D

I'm just hoping that she'll be as bowled over by the projector as I think she'll be!

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
AJ

your not referring to me are you?

·
Banned
770 Posts
Never Simon. You're Hitachi's biggest nightmare, not mine! lol. Mine usually involve projectors with major QC problems right from the manufacturer that we don't find out about until after 100 have shipped out to unhappy people. Ugh.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.