AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own the JAMO S608 5.0 system (the front have a 10inch woofer ) and a jamo subwoofer 250 and the room is pretty small.

I calibrated everything and ended up setting my sub volume to 10-11 o'clock and avr subwoofer volume to -2dB and the bass is pretty smooth , deep and dynamic

is this normal that i ended up setting this to -2dB ?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Short answer: Yep.

Slightly longer answer: You did things right. You try to get in the ballpark adjusting the level on the subwoofer, and then you dial it in by adjusting the signal level at the receiver. If you'd ended up maxing out the receiver's adjustment in either direction, then it would make sense to tweak the level at the sub amp and try again. But since you ended up close to 0 and have plenty of adjustment on either side, you're in a pretty safe spot. Being at +3 in the receiver and a little lower on the sub dial versus being at -3 in the receiver and a little higher on the sub dial makes no difference at all. The sound in either configuration will be exactly the same. Hopefully that's what you were looking for.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitviper33  /t/1419811/i-ended-up-setting-my-sub-avr-volume-to-2db-is-it-okay#post_22209951

Short answer: Yep.

Slightly longer answer: You did things right. You try to get in the ballpark adjusting the level on the subwoofer, and then you dial it in by adjusting the signal level at the receiver. If you'd ended up maxing out the receiver's adjustment in either direction, then it would make sense to tweak the level at the sub amp and try again. But since you ended up close to 0 and have plenty of adjustment on either side, you're in a pretty safe spot. Being at +3 in the receiver and a little lower on the sub dial versus being at -3 in the receiver and a little higher on the sub dial makes no difference at all. The sound in either configuration will be exactly the same. Hopefully that's what you were looking for.

Yep , plus my room is 4.3m x 4.6 meter and the sub is in the left front corner , so there no need to increase bass volume as im trying to keep it at normal volume while the bass is still super smooth .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts