AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night, I got brave and entered into the service menu of my TV to do a few recommended tweeks. Unfortunately, I scrolled through what seemed like thousands of letter combinations without finding the ones that I was looking for. (It's possible I went through the same list many times and just didnt recognize that I had already been there).

I found "AXIS" but couldnt find any of these:

VMLV, DPIX, R-YR, R-YB, G-YR, G-YB

Are they maybe called something else in the service menu of my Sony KV-32XBR400 Wega?

Or, since I was in "Video 1" when I did this, is it possible that not all settings are available in every TV input mode? (ie: are the settings I was looking for only available in the "Video 5" HDTV mode?)

At least I was able to change the "AXIS" from 3 to zero (although I couldnt notice a difference after having done it).

Thanks in advance for any advice!

------------------

Rick W. Scogland

My Email Address:
[email protected]

My Home Theater:
The Scogland Home Theater

Remember "Actual Reality" ... it puts virtual reality to shame, and it's like you're actually there!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi,

How do you enter the service menu using the remote?

My xbr400 displays horizontal lines that are not altogether straights. I would like to correct this using the service menu.

Thanks.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found out about it here:

http://www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/index.htm

Go to their Tips & Tweaks section, then Sony, then XBR. They give a lot of helpful info and recommendations. They also warn everyone to be very careful when entering the service menu. I was overly careful, to the point where I skipped doing some of what I wanted to due because the codes didnt quite match what was said on the Keohi page.

------------------

Rick W. Scogland

My Email Address:
[email protected]

My Home Theater:
The Scogland Home Theater

Remember "Actual Reality" ... it puts virtual reality to shame, and it's like you're actually there!

·
Registered
425 Posts
It's wise to exercise utmost caution when entering the Service Menu for this set. I contemplated doing this after visiting several XBR-related web pages suggesting changes to the Service Menu to correct things like red push and geometry problems. I opted to pay a service technician to come to the house and make the changes recommended by this forum while I watched and took notes. He was careful to write down all of he default settings for each mode where changes were made and, yes, all modes need to be adjusted, including your HD mode. Video Essentials was used during this whole process and I was able to ask that certain changes not be made depending on the the resulting picture. The end result was a much improved picture and an understanding of how to make future changes, if needed, myself. This is not a "full" calibration (which can cost upwards of $250 or more) but an "in-between" step that got the job done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.