AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The lyrics plugin wasnt working so i tried and installing manually from a tar.gz i found online and now whenever i try to open a song with banshee i get his message:


An unhandled exception was thrown: Object reference not set to an instance of an object


at Banshee.Plugins.Lyrics.LyricsPlugin.OnPlayerEngineEventChang ed (Banshee.MediaEngine.PlayerEventArgs)

at (wrapper delegate-invoke) Banshee.MediaEngine.PlayerEventHandler.invoke_void__this___P layerEventArgs (Banshee.MediaEngine.PlayerEventArgs)

at (wrapper delegate-invoke) Banshee.MediaEngine.PlayerEventHandler.invoke_void__this___P layerEventArgs (Banshee.MediaEngine.PlayerEventArgs)

at Banshee.MediaEngine.PlayerEngine.RaiseEventChanged (Banshee.MediaEngine.PlayerEventArgs)

at Banshee.MediaEngine.PlayerEngine.OnEventChanged (Banshee.MediaEngine.PlayerEventArgs)

at Banshee.MediaEngine.PlayerEngine.OnEventChanged (Banshee.MediaEngine.PlayerEvent)

at Banshee.GStreamer.PlayerEngine.OnStateChange (intptr,Banshee.GStreamer.GstState,Banshee.GStreamer.GstStat e,Banshee.GStreamer.GstState)

at (wrapper native-to-managed) Banshee.GStreamer.PlayerEngine.OnStateChange (intptr,Banshee.GStreamer.GstState,Banshee.GStreamer.GstStat e,Banshee.GStreamer.GstState)

at (wrapper managed-to-native) Gtk.Application.gtk_main ()

at Gtk.Application.Run ()

at Banshee.Gui.GtkBaseClient.Run ()

at Banshee.Gui.GtkBaseClient.Startup ()

at Hyena.Gui.CleanRoomStartup.Startup (Hyena.Gui.CleanRoomStartup/StartupInvocationHandler)



.NET Version: 2.0.50727.1433

OS Version: Unix 2.6.31.19


Assembly Version Information:


System.Configuration (2.0.0.0)

NDesk.DBus.Proxies (0.0.0.0)

Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.AvahiDBus (4.0.0.90)

Mono.Zeroconf (4.0.0.90)

Banshee.Dap.Mtp (1.5.0.0)

Banshee.Dap.MassStorage (1.5.0.0)

Banshee.FileSystemQueue (1.5.0.0)

Banshee.InternetRadio (1.5.0.0)

Banshee.PlayQueue (1.5.0.0)

Banshee.Lyrics (0.0.0.0)

Banshee.AudioCd (1.5.0.0)

Banshee.CoverArt (1.5.0.0)

Banshee.Bookmarks (1.5.0.0)

Banshee.NotificationArea (1.5.0.0)

Lastfm (1.5.0.0)

Banshee.Daap (1.5.0.0)

taglib-sharp (2.0.3.6)

Migo (1.5.0.0)

Banshee.Podcasting (1.5.0.0)

Banshee.MultimediaKeys (1.5.0.0)

Banshee.Bpm (1.5.0.0)

Banshee.Lastfm (1.5.0.0)

pango-sharp (2.12.0.0)

Banshee.Widgets (1.5.0.0)

Banshee.Dap.Ipod (1.5.0.0)

Banshee.Dap (1.5.0.0)

Banshee.Hal (1.5.0.0)

Banshee.Unix (1.5.0.0)

Banshee.GStreamer (1.5.0.0)

Mono.Media (1.5.0.0)

System.Transactions (2.0.0.0)

NDesk.DBus.GLib (1.0.0.0)

gconf-sharp (2.24.0.0)

Banshee.Gnome (1.5.0.0)

Banshee.NowPlaying (1.5.0.0)

Mono.Cairo (2.0.0.0)

System.Data (2.0.0.0)

Mono.Data.Sqlite (1.5.0.0)

System.Core (3.5.0.0)

gdk-sharp (2.12.0.0)

Mono.Addins (0.4.0.0)

atk-sharp (2.12.0.0)

Hyena.Gui (1.5.0.0)

gtk-sharp (2.12.0.0)

Banshee.Core (1.5.0.0)

Banshee.ThickClient (1.5.0.0)

Nereid (1.5.0.0)

System.Xml (2.0.0.0)

NDesk.DBus.Proxies (0.0.0.0)

Mono.Posix (2.0.0.0)

System (2.0.0.0)

Hyena (1.5.0.0)

NDesk.DBus (1.0.0.0)

glib-sharp (2.12.0.0)

Banshee.Services (1.5.0.0)

Banshee (1.5.0.0)

mscorlib (2.0.0.0)


Platform Information: Linux 2.6.31-19-generic x86_64 unknown GNU/Linux


Disribution Information:


[/etc/lsb-release]

DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu

DISTRIB_RELEASE=9.10

DISTRIB_CODENAME=karmic

DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 9.10"


[/etc/debian_version]

squeeze/sid


Of course i tried removing banshee and reinstalling but it didnt work =(


I use ubuntu 9.10
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,663 Posts
Look for a hidden folder or config file in your home dir. Probably starts with a '.' (something like .banshee or something) Delete it. Might help.


-Trouble
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubleshooter /forum/post/18233323


Look for a hidden folder or config file in your home dir. Probably starts with a '.' (something like .banshee or something) Delete it. Might help.


-Trouble

i looked for it before i made this post, but there is none, i dont know if it's somewhere else because this is ubuntu x64


EDIT: i just noticed that banshee isnt even erased =/ i erased it from the ubuntu software center and using sudo aptitutde purge and it says the removal is complete but banshee is still in the sound and video tab, even after i restarted
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tijs_Verwest /forum/post/18232361


so i tried and installing manually from a tar.gz i found online

I don't know what .tar.gz you found, but when installing from a tarball, the last step is usually something like "sudo make install". To uninstall, try "sudo make uninstall" from within the same folder that you extracted the tarball to.


If you want the latest version of Banshee, the easiest way is to add their repository to your Software Sources configuration. Go to the Third Party tab, and add "deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/banshee-team/ppa/ubuntu karmic main" (without the quotes of course). Now when you use Synaptic (or apt-get or aptitude) it will install the latest version.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ross /forum/post/18235419


I don't know what .tar.gz you found, but when installing from a tarball, the last step is usually something like "sudo make install". To uninstall, try "sudo make uninstall" from within the same folder that you extracted the tarball to.


If you want the latest version of Banshee, the easiest way is to add their repository to your Software Sources configuration. Go to the Third Party tab, and add "deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/banshee-team/ppa/ubuntu karmic main" (without the quotes of course). Now when you use Synaptic (or apt-get or aptitude) it will install the latest version.

i think i erased that folder =/ cuz i was so mad xD , theres gotta be some files still on the system =/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok so i just erased .config/banshee from my home folder and tried reinstalling banshee but still it keeps crashing and showing that error
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
501 Posts
To uninstall the manually-downloaded one, redownload the .tar.gz file, extract it into your home folder, then run "make uninstall" from the folder. That should remove the pieces from your system. You will probably want to reinstall it after that from within Synaptic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ross /forum/post/18289547


To uninstall the manually-downloaded one, redownload the .tar.gz file, extract it into your home folder, then run "make uninstall" from the folder. That should remove the pieces from your system. You will probably want to reinstall it after that from within Synaptic.

The thing is i cant recall where i downloaded from T.T
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top