AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just brought home the SAM 52LNT71F......

In one word.....AMAZING

The serial # is Q1 (jan 2008)

Firmware.....2004.0 Nov 14 2007

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!!

I have SA8300 HDMI....i recorded half hour of Giant game last wek, I SE NO TBE!

Stunning.....

im using these settings

MY LATEST SETTINGS

PICTURE

MODE: Standard

CONTRAST: 80

BRIGHTNESS: 45 (up from 40)

SHARPNESS: 25

COLOR: 45 (up from 40)

TINT: G50, R50

BACKLIGHT: 5 (6 for a very bright room or if you prefer brighter)

COLOR TONE: Cool1

SIZE: 16.9 (was Just scan but it doesn't matter)

DIGITAL NR: Auto

ACTIVE COLOR: (Greyed out)

DNIe: On

AUTO MOTION PLUS 120Hz: Off

Detailed Settings:

BLACK ADJUST: Off (was Medium)

DYNAMIC CONTRAST: Off

GAMMA: -1

COLOR SPACE: Wide (was Auto thanks Studdad)

EDGE ENHANCEMENT: On

xvYcc: (Greyed out)

White Balance

R-Offset: 15

G-Offset:15

B-Offset: 15

R-Gain: 15

G-Gain: 15

B-Gain: 15

My Color Control

Pink: 15

Green:15

Blue: 15

White: 15

SETUP

Game Mode: Off (For cable or movies) On (for video games)

Energy Saving: Off

HDMI Black Level: Low (was Normal)

Film Mode: On

With Xbox 360 games, I leave everything alone except I turn Game Mode "ON". Madden 08 on Xbox 360 looks like a telecast with these settings.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh and by the way.....i have it in a room where the windows are about 10 ft off to the right........no glare on screen thats noticeble....only on the bezel.....also, the tv's built in speakers are great....im no sound buff, never was.

GREATEST PURCHASE I HAVE EVER MADE!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by micl432 /forum/post/12948502

Now I don't know whether to go with 46" or 52". God I hate buying things.

Dude, just go with the 52......its worth it....i got the 52 tdy at CC for $2799

I wanna thank all who helped me in this purchase

·
Registered
282 Posts

Quote:

yeah, I originally said I was gonna buy a lower budget tv since it would mainly be used in the bedroom but when I went to go demo the tv I was thinking about buying I say the 40" sammy (LNT-4071F) and instantly fell in love. Even with the crappy showroom settings, this tv still looked a cut above the other ones in the store.

Damn samsung for producing such irresistible eye candy

·
Registered
4,188 Posts

Quote:

How far will you be from the tv in a normal viewing?

·
Registered
873 Posts

Quote:

Buy the 52"...you will get the 46" and wish you had gone bigger.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey Silverbull271- I am going thru the exact same problem. I see CC has a decent sale going on with the 5271. As far as size, how far are you away. that is my biggest concern. I am about 8-12ft away and feel that it may be a little too small.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winfield /forum/post/12949155

Hey Silverbull271- I am going thru the exact same problem. I see CC has a decent sale going on with the 5271. As far as size, how far are you away. that is my biggest concern. I am about 8-12ft away and feel that it may be a little too small.

That is about how far I am away, and I am thinking about the 5271 also think the 52 might be to small, but I don't know.

·
Registered
873 Posts

Quote:

Jules from dvdtalk days? Good to see you....

I just sold my 60" Sony which the manual recommendation for distance was 7ft.(minimum recommended by Sony) A reviewer sat 8ft from the set and felt that was optimal. With my experience at 10ft with my 60...I would definitely say the 52 is too small for your viewing if you are 10-12 feet from the screen.

·
Registered
873 Posts

Quote:

Jules..I pulled this from the internet.....not sure if that will help but this was listed on crutchfield.com

Recommended viewing distances for high-definition TVs.

We suggest a range because the ideal distance will

depend on several factors, including signal quality.

Screen

size Viewing

distance range

30" 3.75-6.25 feet

34" 4.25-7 feet

42" 5.25-8.75 feet

50" 6.25-10.5 feet

56" 7-11.75 feet

62" 7.75-13 feet

70" 8.75-14.75 feet

·
Registered
12 Posts
Cool thanks fellas. I thought it might be a little too small. rcavictor1956, that other Jules must a have been an impersonator..
Thanks again for the help guys..That makes my decision a little easier.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im about 10 ft away....as i type i have 50 first dates (part of the 3 free blu rays they gave me today) on blu-ray via ps3/hdmi.....i have the 120hz set to high, and i JUST CANNOT BELIEVE THE PQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SICKEST **** I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!!!!!!!!

Make sure you check the serial # on box so you get the latest FW

Im so happy i went with the Sammy and not the Sony....IT JUST CANNOT GET BETTER THAN THIS!

I have had HD since 1999, and i just cannot get over this 120hz technology! ITS AMAZING!

·
Registered
4,188 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbull271 /forum/post/12950564

im about 10 ft away....as i type i have 50 first dates (part of the 3 free blu rays they gave me today) on blu-ray via ps3/hdmi.....i have the 120hz set to high, and i JUST CANNOT BELIEVE THE PQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SICKEST **** I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!!!!!!!!

Make sure you check the serial # on box so you get the latest FW

Im so happy i went with the Sammy and not the Sony....IT JUST CANNOT GET BETTER THAN THIS!

I have had HD since 1999, and i just cannot get over this 120hz technology! ITS AMAZING!

Sounds to me like somebody is still in hog heaven!

You should get together with av999 and exchange notes.

·
Registered
21 Posts

Quote:
I just brought home the SAM 52LNT71F......

In one word.....AMAZING

The serial # is Q1 (jan 2008)

Firmware.....2004.0 Nov 14 2007

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!!

Congrats on your purchase!! I'm about to pull the trigger soon too. Btw, what are the desired serial #s to look for when getting one?

And are the 2671F gonna have the same serial #s?

·
Registered
455 Posts
You ever think how much money you would save if you just moved your couch forward 12"? Every foot of pulling your couch equals like $500 you save on a TV. I know there are reasons for not doing so but when you look at it like that..... Anyways..

I sit at 7' and have had a Samsung 50" DLP for a year and have loved it. Now its time for 1080p.

I went to sears today to see about a 60" A3000 and got stuck looking at that damn 71F!!!

Now I'm freaking out if I should get the 60A3000 or the 46" or the 52" 71F!!! I've counted out the 46" almost, as I want to go bigger, not smaller. I just dont know if the $800 more for the 71F and 8" less instead of the 60" is worth it!!! Both have the 120hz which I kind of like, but that blasted 71F. I can't even sleep now.

I can't study either now until I get this TV issue resolved. Any thoughts to help a college student keep his sanity?

·
Registered
653 Posts
i have always felt viewing distances are created by manufacturers and retailers to get people to buy bigger sets than they need...i have a 42 in and i'm sitting 8ft away and it seems to close....

my friends have a 47 and are sitting about 5 feet away (not to mention it is hanging too high on the wall)...WAY TOO CLOSE...

JMHO

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have the 4671, and sit about 12ft away.

It's perfect...not too big and not too small. I've found that any TV over 47in or so starts to loose a small amount of clarity over its smaller builds.

46 is the sweet spot

1 - 20 of 20 Posts