Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm a new HDTV junkie. I just got my new and first HDTV equipment. I got the following;

Toshiba 16x9 40H80 HDTV set

JVC Prog-Scan XV-S60 DVD player

JVC DTS/DD RX-8000V receiver

Bell XVU model 6000 HDTV satellite

Got delivered yesterday and all hooked up...

boy am i ever happy, i can't believe how awesome HDTV is.

even the pro-scan blows away standard dvd players...

·
Registered
430 Posts
Congratulations! Ahh... brings back fond memories of when I bought in first HDTV. Also reminds me of the anticipation and joy of opening presents at Christmas as a child. Enjoy!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Congratulations on your new purchase! Welcome to the world of HDTV and I am sure everyone here looks forward to hearing about your future experiences.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Your decorator??? Is that your girlfriend, mistress, 'friend' or are you talking about the WAF?

------------------

Tom Taylor

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ranold:
JVC Prog-Scan XV-S60 DVD player
you sure you dont mean XV-S65 ?

------------------
ADebars>
Mitsubishi WT-46807 Widescreen HDTVs>
JVC XV-S65 Progressive Scan DVD Players>
General Instruments HDD-200 HDTV Decoders>
Time Warner - Houston HD Services>
My DVDs - DVD Profilers>

Danger! Danger! Danger!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Steve,

for my center channel, i took an old slim speaker stand [t-stand] and screwed my center channel to it and then placed it behind my 40h80...it sounds better and isnt on my set.. i dont want the magnets to cause any picture distortion.

as for the PQ of the hdtv feeds, i think that they're amazing..definatly better than prog-scan dvd...hdtv is just mind-blowing. i'm even impressed with prog-scan, cause it blows away regular s-video dvd players.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I also just got the 40H80, and so far I am impressed with it.

Do you find that the ExpressVu HD feed is significantly better than progressive DVDs?

I am having trouble with the center speaker placement. The top of the screen area is only 4" deep, which isn't a lot of

room. This area also looks rather "flimsy". I am wondering if it's advisable to rest a speaker on top of this TV?

This unit is grey in color, so a black speaker looks out of place. A white one is even more out of place. I suppose I can put it in front of the TV on the floor, but it doesn't look right (I will never hear the end of it from my decorator).

I am wondering how the various owners of the 40H80 are handing this issue?

I haven't bought a progressive DVD player yet, but I will as soon as the new Toshiba models are released next month. I am wondering if the new Toshiba 4700 and 5700 progressive DVD players have 3:2 pulldown?

·
Premium Member
11,837 Posts
welcome to th world of hdtv...you'll never go back!

------------------

Kipp

IS THAT A REMOTE CONTROL IN YOUR POCKET OR ARE YOU JUST HAPPY TO SEE HDTV?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.