AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a Sony 1031 owner, but I thought this might be usefull to someone.

I went to my local surplus store and saw a basket with about 250 Barco remote controls. They were missing the plate that says what each button does, but it said BARCO under the set of buttons. It also had a bunch of buttons that were missing (round rubber ones...all the buttons were the same). I'm assuming that the plate, if it had been there, would've covered the missing buttons because they were all missing the same buttons.

They were in the "JUNK" section, so I'm assuming their going for next to nothing.

Can someone post, or tell me were to find a picture(s) of Barco remotes. May be they can be useful for the barco owners out there.

·
Registered
460 Posts

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
Hmmm, us Westerners have always figured that Torontonians were hogging things to themselves and being all snooty about it, I just never figured it would be broken Barco remotes!...;-)

Curt

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
If I were you I would buy a couple and see if they work. If they work, they would be alot of help to Barco owner's, as alot of PJ's sold come without the remote.

I will take two.

Thanks.

Deron

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the links Dave,

Well, those remotes didn't look like the one I saw. I think tomorrow I will take my digital into work and stop by the store again. I will post pictures as soon as possible.

And Curt, we hog the broken remotes out east, but you've got all the projectors out west. Thanks again for the 1031. It's going strong...I think.

Deron, once I post a pic, you can see if it is what you are looking for. I would test them out, but I don't have access to a Barco. I wish I did though. Hopefully these will be worth something. Maybe I can do an upgrade on my Sony afterwards :) 250 x $?? may pay for a new one.

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
Post a pix, and if they are the right ones and the price is right, I 'll buy them all...

Curt

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Unfortunately, I forgot my digital at home today. So it'll have to wait until tomorrow. But I will definately post a pic of the remotes tomorrow evening.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I would be interested in finding one that has the arrow buttons on it for my 1208.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Unfortunatly, I think this thread may have brought some hopes up. I went and picked up a sample remote during my lunch break. I opened it up, and it seems as though it would work. The unfortuanate part is that it seems to be a very simple remote. It looks like a normal cable box remote without arrows. I remember seeing a Barco TV a few years ago, and I think these may be for it. I will post a picture of it when I get home though.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
EDITED: The picture insert thingy didn't work, so check my gallery, it's in there.

::

::Here's the remote.

::Like I said, the buttons are missing the labels, so I don't know what each one does.

::These might not make me the money I'd hoped, but if someone has one with a similar layout, maybe they can be useful.

::By the way, the white spots are to indicate where there are no buttons. The white spots are not really there.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Coppertop, I live in TO - so if you want to try out the remotes on my Barco 808s (a Curt Palme special of course) - you are more than welcome. You you mentioned surplus store - I wonder if this is the one with the Gorilla in front.

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
I've never seen one of these.. Try it though, or send me one or two. I'll pay whatever's reasonable..

Curt

·
Registered
68 Posts
The remotes look just like the one thats in a pop out panel in the back of my barco 1600 .......only prob is the one mi the 1600 is hardwired ;)

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
Demunita,

If you can get your hands on the service manual for your 1600 you can probably turn that internal hardwired remote into a regular IR remote without too many parts...

My BG800 only came with a wired remote (looks different from the ones shown here). Opening it up, it was obvious it's the exact same remote as the IR remote - it's just missing a few parts (IR emiiter LED's, a few transistors, caps resistors, etc). If you're handy with a soldering iron they'd be easy to add in after for probably $5 in parts.

Haven't tried it myself as I use a Pronto, but I may do it when I decide to sell this thing to upgrade...

Kal

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.