AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15,338 Posts

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
This says it all (If it's in quotes it must be true.)Sign me up.

“significantly outperforming” the untreated versions built at the same time.

·
Premium Member
4,762 Posts
This says it all (If it's in quotes it must be true.)Sign me up.

“significantly outperforming” the untreated versions built at the same time.
This is one of those things that may be true, but irrelevant. A treated cord might be able to push more power through because of the greater contact spot, but it will be irrelevant because the contact being made with an untreated cord will be more than enough to get the job done.

In other words, might be able to push more power, but who cares, you are already getting as good as it's going to get for sound quality.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
This is one of those things that may be true, but irrelevant. A treated cord might be able to push more power through because of the greater contact spot, but it will be irrelevant because the contact being made with an untreated cord will be more than enough to get the job done.

In other words, might be able to push more power, but who cares, you are already getting as good as it's going to get for sound quality.
And that's where they ride that line between some of their claims being measurable but not audible and others being unmessureable yet only audible through the power of suggestion. They get the true believers on both sides coming and going. Most of them with hearing loss of one sort or another but they can always hear those sparkles coming through the connectors.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, two different companies.

The snake oil in this post comes from The Chord Company. The DACs come from Chord Electronics.
Thanks for clearing that up...I wasn't sure.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,800 Posts
Nice way to provide free adverts to those vendors/websites. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,762 Posts
Nice way to provide free adverts to those vendors/websites. :rolleyes:
I think it's pretty clear those websites are being mocked.

·
Registered
274 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,762 Posts
I bought 1 imperial gal. of this product and drop it directly on the top of my AVR...man what a difference it made! Bass more present, walls desappeared, mid fr got warmer, treble more crisp, closing my eyes and I am IN a concert hall. :D:D
Are you sure you didn't drink it? :eek:

Just think what it will do for(to) the connections between your ears, brain and heart!:D

Reactions: FargateOne

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
So how does it not work? If it improves conductivity, then it must be conductive. But wouldn't painting a conductive liquid in a connector basically short it out? I mean, I suppose by burning out all your equipment (and your house - you painted your power cables and outlets too, right?) you get to hear silence like never before.

·
Registered
20,800 Posts
I think it's pretty clear those websites are being mocked.
Well yeah.

It's still clicks and redirects that help the shady retailers with views to entice a curious audiophile to the checkout page.

It's like the expression:
"If I can change the life of just one person, I've done my job!"

·
Registered
15,338 Posts
Mini scams are often used to find suckers for major scams. People gullible to buy this stuff have their names, emails, etc. sold to bigger scammers because they are considered easy marks.

You know those $5 palm readers at your local county fair? Seems innocent enough, right? Wrong. These are (sometimes) scouts. If you can sit down and talk with a person for a few minutes you can assess if they are susceptible to bigger scams and also get a rough feeling for their wealth by asking key questions like "Are you a home owner?" and "How frequently do you travel and where to?". Under the ruse of getting some "free" offer their emails are collected and then sold as lists to the big con people.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Mini scams are often used to find suckers for major scams. People gullible to buy this stuff have their names, emails, etc. sold to bigger scammers because they are considered easy marks.

You know those $5 palm readers at your local county fair? Seems innocent enough, right? Wrong. These are (sometimes) scouts. If you can sit down and talk with a person for a few minutes you can assess if they are susceptible to bigger scams and also get a rough feeling for their wealth by asking key questions like "Are you a home owner?" and "How frequently do you travel and where to?". Under the ruse of getting some "free" offer their emails are collected and then sold as lists to the big con people.
Unfortunately I know this to be true. Back in high school, I worked for a telemarketing company nights after classes. This was before cell phones and the internet. They sponsored the Sheriffs rodeo, Policemans concerts and so on. I think maybe 10% actually went to the charity. We had boxes of cards of people that would give to ANYTHING. They were called "Taps". The owners would copy those names/numbers and sell them to other telemarketing companies by the box full. Same principle back then, just a lot more work. I did it for about a year. Couldn't live with the guilt after I realized what was going on.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts