AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I listen to movies in 5.1 mode, everything sounds fine, when I put in a select few DTS DVD's, I get cracks and pops in certain spots during the movie, only in the rear set of speakers. This happens on only about 10% of my DTS movies, but very annoying. Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
23,252 Posts
Try a new digital audio cable or different input on the receiver.

Also (if possible), try optical instead of coax or visa versa.

·
Registered
35 Posts
what kind of pop? Is it Coke or some other pop also I don't think that it is a good idea to post that you have CRACK on the net. Just not a good idea to talk about drugs... :D

Sorry I just had too..

did you change your cable? I don't think that would make a difference but I have never heard your problem before so I don't think it would a bad idea. If that did not work I would see if I could find another AVR with DTS, ask a buddy to use his as a test, then put in a DVD that makes all the noise and see it you are still getting it next do the same thing with your DVD player. IMO it has to be in the AVR or DVD player, but like a said I have never heard that before. I am just telling you what I would do and taking out components to find the bad one may take a little work but at least you should find it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.