Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:

I have some geometry related issues I would like to resolve with my new TV. I have a screen overlay (Jig) for the TV, but it is a ~1/4" too wide and ~ 1/4" too long. Should I just trim it by an eigth of an inch on all sides? My concern is that in trimming the sides none of the existing covergence lines will match up with the jig. The jig I have is, I believe, the exact one prescribed by the service manual. The model numbers are identical. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

John

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Marc:

I got it through Sears. It even has the same model # on as prescribed for in the service manual. Should I just buy one from the person recommended in this forum?

I have cut the sides down on the template so it will fit. i am planning on just using the center point and the convergence starting point in DCAM mode as the target for aligning the overlay. When I do this the larger squares are pretty much dead on with the template, but the sides of my existing cross hatch are noticably too wide. I figure I'll start in the middle and work my way out and hopefully the edges will work themselves out.

Thanks for any help I really appreciate it.

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.