AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my experience was not life altering, but what I did notice was an improvement in colour. Clarity appeared about the same, but colour was abit better, hard to quantify, but maybe 5-10%.

Obviouslly my ps2 quality is a lot better in component vs composite. Everything is better.

I already had everything ready for component, so it was a toss up between spending $40 (Oz) on an ps2 svideo cable (already had a component cable) and running everything svideo or spending $50 and running eveything in component. So in my situation it was well worth it.

Anyone else with similar experiences?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I jjst wish i could fix my screen door issues. I tried the defocus, but that loses sharpness. I did however find screen door less noticable when zooming to the smallest image possible. I might try that and move the projector further back.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I think you'll find that the screendoor is dependent on the image size relative to your seating distance. If you make the image smaller or sit further back you'll get less screendoor. But if you zoom out to a smaller image and then move the projector back so that the image is the same size as it originally was, I don't think you'll see any improvement.

·
Banned
4,104 Posts
Hmmm, well I only really see that on bright white areas. My screen is only 84 inches diagonal so I dont see it that much but it doesn't bother me. It's like each little square is perfect, generating a perfect picture.:)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well I only see it on bright scenes too, mainly white. But now I see it, I get distracted. Funny though, I see it the most when I turn the X1 menu on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.