AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I got my first 3D tv last week, it's a Samsung PN50C7000. Image quality in 2 is amazing and in 3D is astonishing.

But I was wondering, when we going to have a 3D technology that will make us try to dodge from stuff coming from the tv?

Is this possible or we will have to wait for some holographic technology?

·
Registered
6,947 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orakulo /forum/post/19578121

Hi everyone,

I got my first 3D tv last week, it's a Samsung PN50C7000. Image quality in 2 is amazing and in 3D is astonishing.

But I was wondering, when we going to have a 3D technology that will make us try to dodge from stuff coming from the tv?

Yes and no. For now, the bigger the display, the bigger the effect.

·
Banned
1,170 Posts

Quote:

Hi everyone,

You have it now. It is all content related.

unfortunately you get only the gimmick 3D on 3D Blu-Rays.

If you want something floating in front of your nose

then I can create it for you.

What is the diagonal size of your Samasung screen?

Mathew Orman

·
Registered
483 Posts

Quote:

Hi everyone,

S.O.S Planet on D*, a snake comes right to your face. My mother in law ducked and closed her eyes. She had a nightmare about it that night!!

I show that one to everyone who comes over

·
Registered
5,965 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUJayhawk20659 /forum/post/19590646

S.O.S Planet on D*, a snake comes right to your face. My mother in law ducked and closed her eyes. She had a nightmare about it that night!!

I show that one to everyone who comes over

S.O.S Planet also available with Comcast OnDemand.

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy
the new generation of 3D is all about depth...the arrow coming out of the screen effect is from the 80's 3D...you're not going to see that anymore
For live-action, I agree, that's where thing seem to be heading. But for animated titles, they still do a lot of pop-out effects, the kids seem to love it. And honestly, if done correctly, it's a cool effect at times.

·
Registered
87 Posts
On the Monsters Vs. Aliens disc there is an extra feature titled "B.O.B.'s Big Break" that has a ton of pop outs. It's the 3D that I demo to friends. That and the "huge codfish in the living room" from Under The Sea.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.