AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today the vendor deliver the piano to my home, since my HT room is not finished, so I check the cargo first:

the color is silver, it is really small, with power cable, S-VIDEO cable, Remote and battery, and one easy-carry bag.

the manual is in Janpanese. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/frown.gif

but I confuse one thing: The vendor told me the piano should be used under 110V, I checked the Spec. of it on the net and the manual, it seems it can work under 100-240V.

As the power in China is 220V, Due to this reason I did not turn it on.

Anyone can help?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello Harry Lin,

Could you tell us, as soon as you can, how the piano works ? image definition, format, scaling, color,...

If possible, screenshots (similar to those of the sharp 9000 or other) could be great...

Thanks in advance

M.D

·
Registered
24 Posts
I spoke to Dina at plus-corp. yesterday, she said the piano would not be available untill mid-fall of this year.

Where did you get yours from and at what price?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Benham,

Harry Lin is in Shanghai, China... The Piano has been out in Asia (Japan) for a while now.

I believe one of the German members here mentioned that the European (German?) date was October 1st.

I've heard mid-fall from Plus USA too. Whatever that means... Mid October?

I believe it will be sold directly from Plus, and on a comission basis from select dealers. I wonder if that means we won't see any discounts from the MSRP of $2995.

Matt

·
Registered
502 Posts
Hi Linn,

don´t worry, the PIANO is using an international power supply - less costs in production - therfore the piano will work all over the world with 110V @60Hz; with [email protected] a.s.o. What you mentioned will be range, in which the powersupply will work;

the PIANO in German: the shipping to the customers should start at the first of October(scheduled); everything including shippment, billing and payment will be done by PLUS; they want to controll the market;

some technical details of the PIANO:

no zoom (F=3,0; f=23mm); ; brighntness about 400 ANSI; connections via DVI, Component; S-VHS and Composite; built in scaler from SI which works fine;

You need an excellent dvd-player, an dark room to be immpressed by the picture; with progressive NTSC I will test the machine in the next days; the PIANO should work also with progressive NTSC (No PAL - missing TV-lines and the I/O-Chip), because the SI-Scaler will be turned off PLUS said, when progressive will come in -

regards

helmut

·
Registered
134 Posts
Helmut,

Not doubting what you're saying - but it was discussed a good while back that the Piano will not accept a 480P signal on it's component inputs. (Only on DVI)

Do you know if the specs was changed? It sounds like you've gotten the information about the Piano accepting 480P directly from Plus (Germany?)

Btw; What is the suggested retail price in Germany?

Matt

·
Registered
139 Posts
It should be fine, vendors are very cautious with imports, have you tried e-mailing Plus? Looking forward to seeing what you think. All electrical goods I've bought where the manufacturer says 110-240 volts have worked fine on 240,220 and 110 volts.

·
Registered
69 Posts
hi, some information about the piano status.

we are shipping the fist machines next week to some of our customers in germany. officially shipping starts in october.

the machine has 450 ansi lumen and contrast of 700 : 1. you can use every dvd player, it`s not a need to use a highend machine. it is unbelievable, how good the pal images are. but its the same with ntsc. i can`t confirm, that the sil chip is not working, if you connect a dvd player with ntsc progressive. we were testing this with our denon 2800 and the result was "two images"...

but there is realy no need for a progressive dvd player.

take a look on our hp, there you can see some more information in the news area.

best regards

------------------

Patrick Schappert
www.grobi.tv

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Chappie,

So you are connecting the DVD player to the Piano via S-Video? Isn't there a SCART-to-DVI converter?

What's the reasonable maximum screen size in a darkened room?

I'm especially interested in PAL reproduction, but NTSC is important too.

I can't buy a projector right now for fear of She Who Must Be Obeyed, but I hope to do it in the not so distant future.

Thanks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.