AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just in case there is someone out there as inept as I am: For the last week and a half I have fought the good fight with Directv. When I hooked up a new dish for the 110 satellite I failed to get anything on 543. I dutifully reported my situation to a dozen earnest DTV people, performed about fifty resets, got a new series four card and watched a blank screen for any sign of life. EACH CONVERSATION WITH DTV BEGAN WITH MY SYMPTOMS INCLUDING GOOD NUMBERS ON ALL SATS AND ALL TRANSPONDERS AND AN ACTIVE CHANNEL 90. I MENTIONED THAT I THOUGHT IT ODD THAT I SHOULD BE RECEIVING A PROGRAM WITH A MEXICAN PRIEST ON THE TRIPLE DISH TEST CHANNEL BUT ONLY THE FIFTEENTH DTV PERSON AGREED THAT ONE SHOULD NOT BE SEEING SUCH A PROGRAM. Finally I went outside and adjusted the dish and got the right channels. Wrong satellite? I guess, but those good readings are a bit strange. Complete ineptitude on both my part and, more importantly on the part of Directv, certainly. All my viewing of that religious program has made me a convert, however. I think I want to go to Mexico. Art

·
Registered
711 Posts
Art:

That was exactly my problem with it also. Finally on the 7th D*TV rep, I mentioned the Spanish religious program, and he told me I was pointed to 119 (even though the elevation and azimuth told me I should be pointed to 110).

I wish D*TV CSRs would ask everyone what programming they were getting on 90. Now that people on this Forum expect just to get the message on the bottom of the screen, hopefully this will not keep recurring.

Should I feel fortunate that I got it right with 7 reps instead of 12? Somehow, I think not.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I just got my Sat C kit installed this past weekend. Installer of course, had no clue on setting the DTC-100. Thanks to this forum, I went into the menu's and selected 3 satellites, got transponder's 8,10, 12 working and switched to Channel 90 to get the test channel which turns up blank. So far so good right?

Just to clarify...so we ARE supposed to get a blank screen w/ a sign on the bottom telling us to call Direct TV on Channel 90 right? The Channel guide calls it the "Three Satellite test channel?"

Dizzy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.