AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At 10:30 today I made the first installment on my equipment for my Home Theater. The Sharp XV-Z9000U was on demo at Soundscape in Baltimore, MD. I have been watching the Forum threads concerning the Sharp projector. My installer knew I was wanting the Sharp and he sold me one of three he had in stock! He had actually ordered it at the time of the dealer demo in this marketing region. Instillation will be about third week in October because of the construction schedule of my home theater. I am pouring over the operating manuals and the the manual (on CD) for the Sharpvision Manager that allows Gamma Corrections from a PC.

The wife previewed Toy Solider 2 and parts of Armageddon while I took care of business. The blacks have her "WOW" approval. Even after the bottom line for the Home Theater $ was shared with her. She really is a great partner and has been all our 33 years together.

Plans are for 123" diagonal Greyhawk screen. I can't wait!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
and if i may ask, what is the street price?

greg

------------------

-------------------------

Compaq MP2800 DLP, 1Ghz htpc w radeon aiw, 45 x 80" diy accoustically transparent screen, lexicon dc-1. ipaq touchscreen for control

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Far enough below the MSRP to help with the purchase of upgrades in DSS receivers and theater sound system to 7.1 using B&W speakers without an increase in WAF.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Hi JNR,

Congratulations! It sounds like you actually took possession since you have the manuals? Have you been able to fire it up on a blank wall or whatever while you're waiting for the construction?

If you're interested in a little trip down my way to see it on a Stewart Studiotek 130 (white) screen, let me know. I have a Vigatec scaler, an HTPC, and a DTC100 HD satellite receiver for sources. I currently use a Barco CRT projector, but I am keeping my eyes on all of these new developments. The Sharp sounds like one of the leading contenders in this new generation of displays.

[This message has been edited by Jim Ferguson (edited 09-09-2001).]

·
Registered
9 Posts

With istallation being at the end of October, he

better have given you a good price...By end of October,

pricing will be cheaper than what you paid now.

Enjoy

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Jim,

I am not planning to do any early exploration on my unit. I prefer to wait until install and set up to preserve the time of the 90 day bulb warranty. Past experience with new technology has made me very much aware of infancy failures. Besides I can always go by and play with the store's demo unit on my way home from work. I appreciate the offer to explore the features of this technology and I would be interested in a side by side comparison with a CRT system in the future. The original set up will most likely include some image tweaking. I am not sure the unit will be well set up out of the box. As you know, a CRT system setup is not an out of the box turnkey event. I want to do this right and work with the installer the first time.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Best wiwshes with the new Ht and the new projector.

Post some pics for us and tell us all about how you like the projector when it is all setup.

Take care,

-- Cain

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.