AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I came home for lunch today, I checked the menu and the HDTV section only had one set option. But the stretch in HD mode worked for the first time now finally.

Then when I got home tonight and checked again, the HDTV menu had 3 set options: 16:9, 4:3 #1, 4:3 #2.

I wonder if this upgrade is coming in stages?

-Glenn

·
Registered
979 Posts
Right now, I'm showing a new version: 750PCNAD-N

In addition to the 4:3 modes, the Scan functions have been activated for local channels.

....but, THERE ARE BUGS!!!!!

The first one I noticed occurs when switching aspect modes (using the '*' key) when in SD mode. Instead of switching between Normal and Zoom, it flips the channel to #989 (one of the Dish barker channels). Arrgghhhh!!!! ^$*@*

--Gerald C

------------------
STOP DVI/HDCP!

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Gerald C:

....but, THERE ARE BUGS!!!!!

The first one I noticed occurs when switching aspect modes (using the '*' key) when in SD mode. Instead of switching between Normal and Zoom, it flips the channel to #989 (one of the Dish barker channels). Arrgghhhh!!!! ?^$*@*?

I just tried it in SD mode and it switched between Normal and Zoom as expected.

·
Registered
979 Posts
JerryG-- Maybe this problem will settle down (I should reboot), but I am also experiencing the switch to channel 989 when I power down the unit with it tuned to a local channel. That is, when I power back up, it's on 989, and the recall button will not return me to the last local channel viewed. This is awful!!

--Gerald C

------------------
STOP DVI/HDCP!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I'm actually going to a channel on 61.5, but I think it's because I don't have 110 hooked up right now because of a problem either with my SW44 switch or the LNB that points to 110.

Dennis

------------------

Dennis Whiteman

FastPipe Media, Inc.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Jerry G--

Both Dennis and I have now been able to repeat this problem under certain conditions. It happens in both modes - SD and HD, but only when the channel you are watching is not in the currently active list guide. So if the ALL CHAN or ALL SUB list is active, there is no problem

Also, the channel switching not only occurs when you use the "*" key, but also occurs when you switch from HD to SD (or reverse).

Can you try to verify this behavior yourself?

--Gerald C

------------------
STOP DVI/HDCP!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.