Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Geez,

I fired up my new LT-150 against my bedroom wall (light cream colour) and showed my wife a bit of "Shakespeare in Love" and then watched the intro of "Toy Story 2". I used my HTPC w/ a GeForce 2 MX and WinDVD 3. My jaw hit the floor and I had a great deal of trouble turning the thing off... amazing!

Then I realized I forgot to even focus it It only gets better I guess I'm an idiot!

Miles

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I know how you feel Miles, my LT150 was delivered yesterday afternoon. I've watched 2 movies so far and I don't even have the sound hooked up yet.

Jon

·
Registered
1,501 Posts

Miles and Jon,

I think it will be interesting to chart your "progress" in this hobby. How long will it take until that wondered is diluted by the extreme pickiness that is so pervasive? (In mayself, as well as many members here.) When will you see someting on the screen that is one percent of what's happening there but diminishes your fun? It's s spippery slope. Art

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Art has a good point. Every time I upgrade a projector (I've only had 4 -- which is probably shameful around here!) I spend too much time and energy worrying about real and imagined flaws in the image. Because the picture is getting substantially better with each projector and processor, things that didn't bother me before suddenly become the next really important thing to tackle. Put of going down that slippery slope for as long as possible!

------------------

Steve

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hey guys,

My suggestion would be, stop reading this forum on projectors.

This forum is GREAT to learn what to buy, but I have found that I tend to look for faults that I have never seen before.

My wife never noticed rainbows until I pointed them out, and now she has a hard time watching DLP projectors.

I know that I will be getting the LT150 which I have tested extensively, now my question is what screen do I get. This is my next phase. We will be building a new home this spring and I am waiting till then to purchase the LT150.

If things look great to you, stop searching until you feel that you need an upgrade. I'm sure there are several things you can do at that point to add life to your projector.

Don't turn your self into a critic and just enjoy!

Just My Opinion.

Eddy

------------------

-

Marantz SR-19

Marantz DV-7100

Energy Encore II

JVC 32PIP

looking for FP(LT-150)

Digital Cable Box

Aura Bass shakers

Eddy

·
Registered
32 Posts
Newbies unite! http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

A friend got me hooked on the LT150 simply by packing it into its little case and bringing it over to my house. Aimed it at a blank, off-white, textured wall and fed it component video from my non-progressive DVD player. Still looked good enough to convince me to buy one.

Now I've got the projector mounted on the ceiling and the stereo system set up. Still don't have a screen, but last night I popped Toy Story 2 into the HTPC and just sat there amazed at the picture. I admit it. I bought that DVD just so I could see a digital movie on a digital projector played by a PC through VGA.

I was not disappointed. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

Also had a friend bring over Super Speedway. Seeing this with a 100" diagonal 4:3 picture was a whole new experience.

------------------

Dave E.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Edmonton,

If your interested you should get it now, because this model has been discontinued. Supply lines will be drying up soon. The replacement model LT150z will have zoom, but will be more than a thousand dollars more. The only reason these things are discounted so heavily is because business wise they are a failure. No zoom in a business projector is a deal breaker. Picture yourself at a meeting will Bill Gates and telling him he has to move because you need to put the projector there. For HT a zoom is convienient but not necessary. Hey, till your HT is done you can use your wall.

Jon

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hey Derazmus..... Aren't you glad I talked you out of some little 55" RPTV?

Sounds like you have you system set up nicely now. You oughta see the Dalite electrol screen. It rocks.

I pretty much disregard all the problems people find in this projector and just enjoy the show. I think you'll find yourself saying "I really want to go see this movie but I'd rather see it at home so I'll just wait for the DVD"....

I agree with the vast majority of LT150 owners here... I couldn't be happier considering what I paid for it.

-Dave E (the other one)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.