AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate to say this about Dennis Erskine but he did an outstanding job with my theater design.

I hate to say it because I know he will be even tougher to handle now, and that his head may swell ever larger !!!

:D

Thanks Dennis, it is really looking great!!!

-- Cain

·
Registered
475 Posts
I hate to sound stupid, but I'm new to the forum and I can't find the picutures of your HT. Others have commented about how good it looks, so they are probably out there. Could you tell me where?

Thanks,

Art

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pics will be posted soon, probably within the next week or so.

I'll have some time around Memorial Day, and it should also be finished by then as well.

Take care,

-- Cain

·
Premium Member
8,712 Posts
Quote:
I hate to say it because I know he will be even tougher to handle now, and that his head may swell ever larger !!!
Can't afford that. Those Bose Aviator headsets I just got are $1k and my wife would never let me go to that well again.

·
Premium Member
8,712 Posts
If it has two wings, at least one working engine (with prop) I"ll fly it. Have Garmin 295. Will Travel.

Generally a 180hp Skyhawk or a 210 whenever I can. A friend of mine (an airline captain) just bought an Aerostar. I've been attending advanced classes in "beg, borrow and grovel". :)

I'd kill to get my turbine endorsement. I'm jealous of you guys who actually get paid to fly real airplanes.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Cain,

You were way ahead of me but we are finishing at about the same time. That's the nature of these DIY projects though, they can take a mightly long time to finish. My wife says she doesn't think she could go through this again, having the house be a mess for two years. I'm hoping she forgets before it's time to do another one.

I also have to give kudos to Dennis for my design. He did an outstanding job, worth every penney, although in hindsight I don't think he was listening when I told him I had a BUDGET! ;)

David

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dennis really has done a very good job. He thought of many things I would have never thought of myself.

We also have some really cool items I added, and the combination has worked out very well.

I started active research on this Theater in September 2000. We started active construction on November 14, 2001. And we hope to be completely finished next week. Everything thing but baseboards and the soffit trim done by tomorrow night.

I'll be posting pics here soon. If you are about to die to see them now e-mail me and I'll shoot you a few.

[email protected]

Thanks Dennis!!

-- Cain

·
Registered
139 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Dennis Erskine

I'd kill to get my turbine endorsement. I'm jealous of you guys who actually get paid to fly real airplanes.
Dennis, guess what? There is actually a lot of people jealous of those who are paid for designing and building home theater!

I guess the grass is always greener in the neighbor's yard! :)

Anyway, I wanted to thank you for all the wor you are putting in this forum. Your comments & advices have been priceless!

Thanks again for all the good work!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Dennis,

A friend of ours now flies a corporate Citation. Sorry in my old age I have forgotten the model. But he said it has been the most fun he has ever had with his clothes on!

BTW, Thanks for your input and advise.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Heh Cain,

You just stole my thunder. Dennis is designing my theater also and today he came up with two excellent ideas. The first one was just something that I would of thought of (but to late) and the second one was just geinus.

I was going to do a post: Dennis Erksine has great Ideas!!

Your observations were right on also.

I will know this weekend if the proposed plans are a go. Then I am sad to say Dennis will not be answering any questions for awhile so he can dedicate all his waking moments finishing my project!!! He even had the gall to go out last night...can you beleive that????

Larry Kosova

·
Registered
283 Posts
Dennis,

I get paid to fly the 767, but I've always thought it would be great to be able to fly something small and just go where my whim may take me. Trouble is I don't know the first thing about GA (I learned to fly in the Navy). As someone else said, the grass is always greener...

By the way, thanks for arranging that Lutron purchase, I'm looking forward to seeing all my GE's in action.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Would like to throw in a standing ovation for Dennis as well. He designed my theater and continues to answer questions and provide advice long after the checks cleared. Without a doubt the best money I've spent on this project by a long shot.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Hey Dennis, my best freind is an instructor her in Sunny California (not today though) and has access to a Citation jet. I am sure if you were to contact him, he could get you some instruction time in the Citation (seats 9 plus the pilots). Only issue would be the cost. From what he had said, it costs about $3600 per hour to fly. Something like that. Maybe not exact, but....

He was flying the Citation as Pilot-in-command at the coprorate level, now he is back to one of his passions, flying for CDF (Cali. Dep. of Forestry) fighting fires. He is now their instructor and pilot for the OV-10 spotter plane that flyies above the fires and orchestrates the retardant drops and such. He does love flying the Jet though!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.