AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What sub do I buy for this money???? Or do I try to buy 2 that are not top of the line!!! I need suggestions big time!!! Gonna have to run this by the wife in a couple days....want to have all my ducks in a row!! Going to have an Onkyo 604 with Polk Rti4's and the csi5......now what sub????

·
Registered
1,962 Posts

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
I would tend to disagree with the choice of the SVS SB12 in this case with a big, open room and movies being the primary content. The SB12 is a great little sub, but any other sub in the SVS lineup will kick it's little butt deep down low. I know this because I have a pair of the little guys. I love'em for music, but for movies in a big room, not so much. In this circumstance, the PB12-NSD or one of the PCi cylinders would make more sense and they cost less.

The other choice mentioned, the HSU would also be an excellent choice.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC32 /forum/post/0

What sub do I buy for this money???? Or do I try to buy 2 that are not top of the line!!! I need suggestions big time!!! Gonna have to run this by the wife in a couple days....want to have all my ducks in a row!! Going to have an Onkyo 604 with Polk Rti4's and the csi5......now what sub????

There is something else you could get that should meet your needs nicely. Until the end of May it would cost you $499 plus shipping. If you look for posts or threads by Peter Tribeman, you will see what I mean.

All the Best

·
Registered
13,300 Posts
With the size of your space, and your budget, you might consider a near-field placement of your sub. If you install it near to the listening position (experiment as to the best place to put it) instead of up in the front of the room, you may find the it delivers more impact. Your mileage may vary......

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
For less than $700.00 delivered my choices would be:

1. Outlaw LFM1 Plus

2. SVS PB12-NSD

3. HSU VTF2 MK3

4. PSB Subsonic 6i (Can be found on the web for cheap)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.