AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've got a couple questions for you. I wasn't sure what to name the thread..
Anyways, i'm looking for a reciever on my $220 budget but im not sure about all the formats offered and their differences. I dont get all the DTS and DTS 6.1 or whatever. Im just a college student trying to learn a little something while I have some time off. My setup will be used for 40% Gaming, 40% Movies/Cable, 20% Music. Im just wanting to get the best reciever possible but im not sure what the current and best format is and what i would need to make it work. ....Now I know it may seem like I have a long way to go but i've done searches and i'll really appreciate it if we could just take this one step at a time so it helps anyone that would ever need to know this.....and so this post doesn't go to the bottom of the page in 2.4 seconds
Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
76 Posts
On that budget, you won't have a lot of options. If it were me, I'd save a little more money and pick up either an Onkyo 605 or 606 or a Yamaha 663. Also, you will probably want to look at used equipment to get the best bang for your buck.

·
Registered
779 Posts
You may also want to check out refurbs. Most people have been very satisfied with them. See the recent thread on Refurbs. Dakmart has some very good Denons for that price, there's Second Act and others. Supposedly you get a full factory warranty on a half price unit. Worth a look. Also check out Audiogon for a good buy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts