AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my current remote setup. Keep in mind that the only thing I run from the computer is music.

I use the imon remote for when I am in the room with the main system for both music and movies (my computer is also in the room). I programmed all the main functions for winamp medial player into my yamaha receiver's learning remote so now all I need is that one remote to control everything in the room, both components and computer. I have mouse control, play, pause, etc. plus some other vital functions that control winamp that I can see on my big screen tv.

I also have speakers hooked up to my Yamaha receiver that are in other rooms in the house and for those I have been using the niveus remote. It works pretty well, I can control both winamp through it's RF capability as well as my other components through it's IR capability.

However, I am looking for something more. I am wondering if there is a remote out there that has a little display on it so I could see the song titles/albums and so on so that when I'm in another room in the house I could use the remote itself to pick artists and albums. Keep in mind that my computer is connected to my tv by s-video and my Yamaha reciever by digital coax cable (I don't know if that matters or not).

So basically, I am good to go when I'm sitting on my lazy but in the home theater room but I am limited in other rooms. The remote I am looking for would have to have both RF and IR capability like my niveus remote.

Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Try the remote control forum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.