1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The model is KDL-42EX440

Serial No. 5001216

Sony Bravia

The screen looks like all disorted it's not broke hasn't fallen only had it for a few months and it basically the screen is messed up it has over the place the colors and idk I think it's maybe the setting up but it was working well months ago idk why all of a sudden his happens any help?

The screen looks all distorted it's not broke

See this is what it looks like idk what's wrong with it the screen is all messed up, maybe someone help please

http://i57.tinypic.com/10p3kes.jpg

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Anytime something goes from working fine to not working fine, it generally means something is failing with the electronics. If the screen is only a few months old, it'd be best to contact Sony and get it repaired under warranty.

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
Sony has not made a plasma TV in several years, so the warranty and support has probably unfortunately expired. You must have gotten a used model that already had issues or was on its last leg. But good luck. Maybe a TV repair shop can be of help.

·
Premium Member
18,303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypicalKevin  /t/1524954/i-have-a-plasma-tv-brand-sony/0_60#post_24546641

The model is KDL-42EX440 Sony Bravia

The screen looks like all disorted it's not broke hasn't fallen only had it for a few months and it basically the screen is messed up it has over the place the colors and idk I think it's maybe the setting up but it was working well months ago idk why all of a sudden his happens any help?The screen looks all distorted it's not broke

Th KDL-42EX440 is an LCD TV, not a Plasma. It appears to be a 2013 model so if it's only a few months old just call Sony and arrange warranty repair. If the store you bought it from has a generous return policy i'd just return it and get another one and not deal with having it repaired.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
The Sony Bravia KDL-42EX440 is a 2012 42-inch edge-lit LED HDTV . If OP purchased it within 12 Mo. Sony should repair it or if it is within a stores exchange period that's a good option..

Otherwise from looking at the picture I would be looking at the mainboard

1 - 6 of 6 Posts