AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The room is 14' x 13', used as a Home Office/ Really Basic HT. I'm using a Z-Line TV stand, and it does not give me enough room for all of my components and center channel.

Currently, I have a Lexicon Sound Processor, 2 AudioSource Amp 100's, a vertical standing AudioEngine Desktop Amp, and a Blu-Ray Player (sitting on-top of the Center Speaker).

It does work at the moment, but ...

I'm going to be replacing the upright standing AudioEngine N22 Desktop Amp with something different … most likely another horizontal amp.

So there is no more room

I like the current layout of the room, and really don't want to move stuff around too much.

I guess I have a few options:

Sell all current amps, and replace with a single 5 channel amp. Not sure if this is cost effective? Probably would be a nice upgrade though.

Or my initial question, try to put a dedicated component rack some where in the room. But where?

Suggestions, ideas, comments?

Pics:

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Buy a new TV stand that has space for 2 or 3 stacks of components, with integrated 19" racks. Or, make one. You could start with the racks, and add wood:

Or, find a nice cabinet and add some Middle Atlantic CFRs (cabinet frame racks), or similar from another manufacturer. MA Laminate racks are another option to the CFR:

·
Registered
6,081 Posts

·
Registered
10,866 Posts
Swapping out the two AMP-100s with a nice 5-channel Emotiva is probably net cost lower than new furniture, and a heck of a lot more fun! Even the bigger amps would probably fit in that height.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jautor  /t/1485637/i-have-a-question-on-where-to-place-a-component-rack-pics-inside#post_23621674

Swapping out the two AMP-100s with a nice 5-channel Emotiva is probably net cost lower than new furniture, and a heck of a lot more fun! Even the bigger amps would probably fit in that height.

Thinking of that too

1 - 6 of 6 Posts