AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already have the GT50 for over 2 mouths now and I asked this question some mouths back, but since these TV's have been out for some mouths now I like to know if anyone has discovered the blacks getting worse with time. one person said no when I asked 2 mouths ago... but I thought it was to early to say no with a good level of certainty, I have over 1000 hours on this TV and it doesn't look like they gotten worse, but on my VT25 that has over 2500 hours you can see the blacks are worse now.

The question has anyone spotted the blacks getting worse with the 2012 sets? so far none of the reviews mentioned it, but still the blacks on the GT50 still can't beat my old HD Sony CRT TV as I said before.....but the GT50 TV beats it almost in every other way outside of black level,

I hope everyone is enjoying their TV's and do not buy the 2013 models when they come when you just bought the 2012 models. I'm sure next years top model will say ultimate black panel instead of ultra on the VT50.....LOL,

Take Care.

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
No, the blacks only get BETTER!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As I said before I do not think the blacks got worse yet even with a 1000 hours on the GT50 set thus far..... just hope after another 1000 hours they do not lose the blackness they once had like the VT25 model.

Take Care.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there any other takers that think the blacks get worse with time like the VT25? I need people who have their TV's for it least 2 mouths to answer this. I hope for just one more reply and then I'll be satisfied .

Sorry to keep this topic going.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
The 2010 model Pannys were known to have a "rising black" problem due to periodic self-adjustment of the voltage to the pixels to compensate for phosphor wear and thus maintain brightness as the sets aged. The self adjustment was too aggressive and led to a noticeable change in black levels. C-Net was among the first to note this problem.

They made a point of checking for this on the '11 models and it was fixed. Given the furor over this on the '10 setsd, which Panny responded to on the '11 models it's highly doubtful that Panasonic would let it happen again on '12 sets.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve S  /t/1419182/i-have-a-question#post_22226623

The 2010 model Pannys were known to have a "rising black" problem due to periodic self-adjustment of the voltage to the pixels to compensate for phosphor wear and thus maintain brightness as the sets aged. The self adjustment was too aggressive and led to a noticeable change in black levels. C-Net was among the first to note this problem.

They made a point of checking for this on the '11 models and it was fixed. Given the furor over this on the '10 setsd, which Panny responded to on the '11 models it's highly doubtful that Panasonic would let it happen again on '12 sets.

Good to hear that......I be pretty mad if the blacks got worse like on my VT25 did.

Take Care.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts