AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Sony VCH-1272Q projector. I really hope this isn't a stupid question, but is there anything else I need to buy for this to work with my DTV sat system? Someone said something about a computer hooked up to it? I hope I didn't get in over my head :( . Thanks for your time

Will

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
DANGER! Will Robbins-on ! A little movie humor Welcome aboard.! You can hook directly from your DTV set top box via the S video to the projector. However you will see the scan lines because the image will be 480 interlaced. You might want to purchase a DVDO Iscan to convert the signals to 480 progressive with RGB output to the projector. This is the least expensive way to go and will work with your 1272 and present equipment. Around $400 new or used on ebay for around $200 for an Iscan V1

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found this one on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1941597241 With this do I have to still have a computer or can I just hook up a dvd or sat system to this doubler and be done with it?

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

Will

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Will, The Iscan V2 is the same model I use. It has some refinements over the V1. The V2 will add gray bars on the top of letter boxed material. Not really an issue with front projection. This will work fine with your projector without anything else. I assume your projector came with at least one RGB IFB 11 input board in the back. This is the 5 BNC connectors labeled R G B H V All you will need in addition to the Iscan is a break out cable of appropriate length. This is the 5 BNC to 15 pin RGB plug which the Iscan hooks to. I would suggest a short cable and put the Iscan on top of the projector then run your S video cables up to the Iscan. You will have 2 S video and one composite video inputs on the Iscan. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your time. Yes my projector has several input and outputs including the one you are talking about. I will pick up one of these V2's. Once again Thanks

Will

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Will, I am sure you will be happy with the choice. 480p looks great on a 1272.After you do your initial registration setup go back to Zone and re-tweak with your video signal running from the Iscan and DVD player. Well guys, I'm off to Key West for a week, see you all in a couple. Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.