Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have actually had it for a few days. Shawn delivered it himself to my place of business. If you ever have a chance to meet him I highly recommend it because he is very interesting to talk with. You also get a real understanding about all of the delays. The bottom line being that he wants to deliver the best possible product, something he constantly finds ways to improve, hence more delays. His attention to detail and what peolple want is amazing.

How do I like my Panamorph? Duh, it's awesome.

I wrote a review on it about a month ago when I borrowed the prototype, I see no difference (besides black anodizing and "panamorph" spelled out inside the lens)since then. You should all be getting yours soon and I can't wait to read your reviews.

Jeff

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Jeez, I was so caught up in being in envy, I forgot to ask if you wouldn't mind giving us a rundown of things like size, depth of how far past Gxx lens the Pannie protrudes.

Also, could you confirm the image drop and keystoning when tilting up?

Did it come with a "rail"?

Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chris,

It comes with everything (except a phillips screwdriver). You get the rails, drywall anchors, brackets etc. A very quick, easy installation.

As far as keystoning, this is hard for me to tell. I had a keystoning problem before the Panamorph (my projector was already tilted up) and I have always had flat black surrounding the screen. I would slightly over run the screen for a nice strait cropping. Since introducing the Panamorph for my system, its basically the same thing. If I do have more keystoning than before (I have not paid that close attention) it would be slight.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
Hi Jeff

This is kinda directed to you as well as one or more of the lucky guys that made it to infocomm.

My situation is this. I have a G1000 with decent but not perfect light control in my room (at night anyway). I want to move my screen or really want to move the whole direction the projector throws onto a greyhawk I have yet to purchase.

While I absolutely love the "no screen door" pic I get from my calibrated D-ILA I really need more light in order to get the 104" wide 16x9 screen I want. So...any clue how much brighter the pannie REALLY makes your pic? With the Pannie I? I would image the pannie II will have the same approximate brightness. Which D-ILA are you using?

My other option is simply to replace it with the Sanyo PLV60. With its 16x9 chip, the pannie I will give me a 235 pic, assuming I'm reading things right, eliminating the need for pannie II @ $1500, or plan on getting a G15 for $9500 or so + another $1500 or so (now that is) for the pannie II. Like $5200 for a screendoor-less pic. Anyone see the Sanyo and have comments vs a D-ILA? My viewing consists of 50/50 HD and DVD.

The only other projectors I have really looked at closely were the seleco 200 and the Dwin which had plenty of crawlies at CEDIA, Oh.. ok a 10HT. None of them did much for me vs my G1000.

Comments?

Larry Vale

------------------

G1000 D-ILA

Lexicon MC1 7.1 system

Radeon Based HTPC

NHT, velodyne & bag end speaker systems

Panasonic, Dish, HDTV recording setup.

[This message has been edited by videohot (edited 06-22-2001).]

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Larry,

There is a significant brightness/contrast increase. I would say the 30% is real accurate. The best way to simulate it would be to zoom your image down about 30% and check out the difference in intensity. This is what I find the Panny does while maintaining the large size. I am using a PLUS-1100 DLP.

Jeff

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Jeff,

How much does it change screen door?

------------------

Ken Elliott

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ken,

Screen door reduction is one of my favorite effects of the product. It is quite major. I used to think my XGA dlp was pretty darn good at not exposing a screen door. When I installed the Panamorph I was amazed how "digital" the picture used to look. It is so much more fluid and film-like now. This is a major benefit.

I can still see pixels when I aproach the screen. They are more tightly compacted than before but still there. There Panamorph does not defocus or split them like other methods, it simple compacts them.

I can't wait to take it to the next step with the 235.

Jeff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.