AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
7,766 Posts
Sorry dude, but you're about four years late on anybody caring about swapping Wii numbers. The system proved to be very livingroom oriented in concers to multiplay, not interwebs based.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
On the bright side, you're not missing anything. Barring online multiplayer for a few games like Mario Kart Wii, online interactions on the Wii were nothing special and typically almost pointless (Like the migration of Mii's among those on your friends list).

I think the people that exchanged friends codes and such 5 years ago would agree that it was a waste of time in the end.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Ames  /t/1416215/i-have-no-friends-so-i-got-no-one-to-play-with#post_22142415

On the bright side, you're not missing anything. Barring online multiplayer for a few games like Mario Kart Wii, online interactions on the Wii were nothing special and typically almost pointless (Like the migration of Mii's among those on your friends list).

I think the people that exchanged friends codes and such 5 years ago would agree that it was a waste of time in the end.

Very true - although to this day, you can take MK Wii online & easily find up to 11 other random players around the world to race against. That game still gets lots of online action all these years after its release.

The last couple of Call of Duty Wii titles have had online options similar to those on PS360/PC, including matchmaking options (both by name search as well as the last 25 or so players you have met up with randomly online), live voice chat with the PDP Headbanger USB headset mic & the ability to send friend requests without having to enter/swap your god awful Friend Codes (they still exist in COD Wii, but the system will actually match by screen name & do the code swap automatically, much like how EA's various Madden/T Woods Wii games have done it).

3DS online is at least a small step forward compared to Wii. So far, it looks as if WIiU will make another small step forward.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts