AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

i have onkyo 929 but want to go 2.0 stereo for only music can i use onkyo 929 like a power amplifer and buy a p 3000 r pream ? or buy a new stereo amp ? 929 have 850 watt powersupply 18 kg and i dont know pioners powersuply and 17 kg :)

Onkyo 929 ( Power Amp ) + Onkyo P-3000R

Pioneer A70 StereoAmp ?

or Marantz PM8005 Stereo amp?

or Onkyo A-9000R stereo amp ?

Which is bettter for listen 2.0 stereo music which is more detailed ?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

because i dont know about what will change when listening music  music and sound quality may be change 929 built for cinema and video receiver others only sterio music proccesing  and what about tube amp ?

·
Registered
28,899 Posts
What? I'm really confused by what you're saying.

If you use Stereo mode on your 929 you'll be fine. It'll output 2.0 audio. Isn't that what you want?

What kind of speakers do you have that makes you think you need a separate amp?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

now using 5 piece jamo d600 thx and 1 d600 thx sub but i want to change speakers dont need low detailed sound 5 speaker now need 2 speaker extreme detailed sound i dont know about speakers may be klipsch rf 82 or definitive bp10b or kef r900 monitor audio gx300 or dali montor 8  i dont know which is compatible with onkyo929 and which amplifer will be batter for music sure 929 in stereo mode is nice and can use a sub option i like it but i dont know stero amp processor is better ? or stereo preamp is bettter ?

·
Registered
4 Posts

I just tested it out on my 929. While playing music, I put the receiver in the Pure Audio or Direct music mode and only my main speakers played (2.0/no sub). Utilizing the Stereo mode, included the subwoofer (2.1).

JG

·
Registered
4 Posts

you are welcome.

after further testing, it seems that in the stereo mode, it doesn't actually include the sub but the system does add the Audessey Dynamic EQ, which does give a fuller and deeper sound to my speakers. the other modes;

~In this (Pure Audio) mode, the display and video circuitry are turned off, minimizing possible noise sources for the ultimate in high-fidelity audio reproduction. (As the analog video circuitry is turned off, only video signals input through HDMI IN can be output from the HDMI output.)

~In this mode (Direct Mode), audio from the input source is output without surround-sound processing. The speaker configuration (presence of speakers) and speaker distance settings are enabled, but much of the processing set via the audio setup is disabled. See “On-screen Setup” for more details (➔ page 57).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Denizcell, I believe Pure Direct will focus power only to the fronts. I use an adcom 5503 to power my Lsi's and center (350 watts @4 ohms) and use the 929's pre outs. I enjoy this set for music as well as HT, with the 929 powering 2 subs, front hi's and rear surrounds. Hope you are able to arrive at a configuration with the components that provide your intende goal....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts