Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am thinking of buying the Telemann HiPix HDTV card but I have some questions please:-

1) Will this work with any video card so that I can have a picture on my Windows desktop with HDTV going on? And can you scale the picture size to any size?

2) I have heard that you can store HDTV programming on DV or Digital 8 tapes with this card. How do you do this? How many minutes per tape can you store? How do you play it back? Is the recorded material identical in quality to the original?

3) What is the cheapest price on the card and the place to get it?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
The HiPix does not support video in a window. It only outputs full-screen video via its own output. (completely independent of your video card)

Search the forums for DVTransfer and DVSpoof for info about archiving video to a camcorder.
http://www.digitalconnection.com/ is the recommended vendor.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Balazer,

Thanks for your reply.

About storing the files on to DV or Digital 8 tapes, I searched the archives in this forum and I spent many hours reading and I could not find my answers. All I learnt was that the space required is 8-9GB per one hour of HDTV.

That would fill up a hard drive fast. So how do you store stuff you like for good?

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Search the Home Theater Computers archives, it's mostly only discusses in there.

------------------

Trevor

[This message has been edited by Trevor L (edited 08-14-2001).]

·
Registered
85 Posts
balazer, I don't think that's correct. If the user has a graphics card which has a VIP connector, he supposedly can feed his video card, and get the picture in a window. I don't know anyone who has done this, but I'm considering it. Because we can now pause the recording during commercials, we can save some disk space, and it is a pain to flip to the windows desktop in order to do this. If the video is in a window, it'll be much easier.

Several people are looking into using tape. I think "bpearse" is doing that, and you might want to search on his name.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.