AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look's like the information on the upgrade is in the settings/system test/system information/upgrades menu's.

It says I will be upgraded to version 28218 on thurday April 24,2003 at 12:20am. Since I'm in California I guess I get it first but you should be able to read your menu and see when you will get it.

The upgrade now screen came on at 12:18am and asks if you want to upgrade now or wait. I pressed "now" and it went to the uprade downloading screen, their you can track it's progess via a bar much like the web tv loading screen. You will not be able to watch tv at this point or turn your unit off or unplug it. After @12mins the unit turns off and then comes back on and says upgrade complete. At this point it goes to a latest

upgrade screen listing all the new features, such as caller ID, history erase,

recording from the buffer etc.

The pip moves to any corner now (much better) and is a little closer to the corner.

If you need to review go to the home, help, latest features and the information is there.

Since I do not have a upgrade done to my unit yet I don't know how that will be affected but would like to know if it does as I would like to add a bigger hard drive myself.

Hope this helps you on the east coast get ready.

W-60 out

·
Registered
45 Posts
I too got mine, must have been overnight sometime. Just enabled my caller ID. its real slick that you can forward ahead 12 hrs at a time.

I am in the Seattle area.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I got it last night. I'm in Virginia.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got mine as well, Seattle area. This makes me feel much better about my favorite appliance. Someone, somewhere cares enough to make a new upgrade even after they discontinued the product. Hopefully they will keep the service going far into the future

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm in Seattle too. My scheduled upgrade time (12:20am) came and went. Nothing. Nothing scheduled now. I still have 3.5. I didn't have my UTV connected to a phone at the time. I have a P4 card. Anyone else in this boat? Anyone know what I can do to get it?

·
Registered
524 Posts
"After @12mins the unit turns off and then comes back on and says upgrade complete. "

Nice post .. tx

Twelve minutes .. much better than an hour and a half telco download I would say. :eek:

·
Registered
878 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bpade
I got it last night. I'm in Virginia.
I take that back. I did NOT get the update. In the Help area under latest features, it says I got an upgrade today, but I still have version 3.5.

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bpade
I take that back. I did NOT get the update. In the Help area under latest features, it says I got an upgrade today, but I still have version 3.5.
I was surprised by you saying you got it after it seemed that only people around the West coast seem to be getting it right now. It looks like next week is when we're due. Darn you, Bill Gates and your West Coast thinking. It's the same reason I always have to choose my time zone when I install or reinstall Windows. Apparently he thinks everyone lives out there.

Oh well, we still get dibs on the first look at the sunrise at this end of the country. 'Course we have to deal with that Daylight Savings Time crap, though.... and ice storms, miserable ice storms **shiver**. You haven't lived until you experience horizontal sleet that coats your car with a shell of ice and bites at your face like sandpaper.

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
No phone line required. All updates come via the satellite. Only hard drive updates, the Jenny Code (to force an OS download), MSNTV, and click-to-buy PPV purchases require the phone line. Other than those uses, the UTV doesn't need the phone line to be connected.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.