AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen the Clearwave speaker site? I'd love to build the 4Ts and the 4CC. I want (not need) to replace my Audax HT speakers that are still excellent. Problem is, I started on a pair of Dayton RS TMWW towers in April, 2007 and something came up... They've been in my garage incomplete. The cabinets are nearly complete and I'm going to finish those in spring and I'll need a center channel. I could always build the RS WMTW center but that is too much like the Audax. The Clearwave 4CC is just so damn big and imposing that I must build it! Even though it uses a Vifa tweet and Tangband mids, it does use four RS180s, so I think it could work. The TMWW towers use RS225 woofs as well as RS150s for the mids and RS28s for tweets. Anyone have a thought on the possibility?
http://clearwaveloudspeaker.googlepages.com/

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero the hero /forum/post/15540535

Yeah, Jed does some real good work. I'd go ahead and build the 4CC.

Yep, I believe I'll be placing that order in Feb or March.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
If you build these, please post what you think. I have the audax setup (well, I have the parts for the center channel, but that's not built yet), and I love it very very much so. So anyways, I'd still like to make something new- maybe with a nicer veneer...

Thanks!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello BigguyZ,

Good to see a familiar name. I was a regular on the Audax build thread back in the day. I used my old screen name then, but have assumed a new identity. I wish I could transfer all my posts to the new name. I still enjoy my Audax system every time I watch a movie. They are about seven years old now and I have the bug. I'll definitely be building the 4CC in spring.

jh

·
Registered
1,170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by limulus /forum/post/15554512

Hello BigguyZ,

Good to see a familiar name. I was a regular on the Audax build thread back in the day. I used my old screen name then, but have assumed a new identity. I wish I could transfer all my posts to the new name. I still enjoy my Audax system every time I watch a movie. They are about seven years old now and I have the bug. I'll definitely be building the 4CC in spring.

jh

JH? Oh I deinitely remember your posts on that thread!

Yeah, I've had mine for some time now too- maybe 5-6 years? But I never quite got to finishing that center. And now, with my new LCD TV, I'll need to build a new console/ stand that could house such a speaker first.

Regardless, I've always been amazed at the imaging with just the two fronts. Running a ghost center, I'd never know that the sound wasn't actually coming from the TV!

But I also understand wanting to build something new. I want to do something else now too. Though I would want to finish the set (probably to sell afterwards), and most likely build a sub first as well... So maybe later this year.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi guys, I'm just now venturing over to this forum to see what might be buzzing about my new speaker designs. If you have any questions just let me know.

Regards,

Jed

Clearwave Loudspeaker Design

1 - 7 of 7 Posts