AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not quite sure what's happening out there, but I am now turning away more CRT projectors than I am buying. Seems that every agency out there is ditching CRT's, and I'm getting emails in droves wanting to sell me units in bulk. Good ones too, so I'm trying to separate the wheat from the chaff...

Anyways, I will be cutting prices somewhat to move these through quickly. Should be an interesting month or so, as I anticipate about 50 projectors over the next little while. Everything from Sony 10XX entry level series to AmPro and Barco 9", and everything in between.

Most of you also know I'm trying to move into a house, so parts, lenses, and all sorts of crap will get blown out. I won't flood the classifieds here to respect others and the forum community in general, so if you're interested, pls email me to get on my mailing list at:

[email protected]

I'll still try to answer as many questions as I can on the forum, but time is at a premium..:)

Cheers!

Curt

·
Registered
132 Posts
Quote:
Most of you also know I'm trying to move into a house, so parts, lenses, and all sorts of crap will get blown out.
Are you moving in to a smaller place? , or do you just don't want to carry all boxes:)

don't break your back:)

mag

·
Registered
26 Posts
I don't have a projector. I emailed you to be put on your list. By the way, where would you suggest looking for crts in a fairly small city. What kind of businesses or organization should I seek out and kindly harass? I went to a repair shops garage sale and asked if they had any crts for sale. The answer. "I could have but I threw them out." Not a good start.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Curt,

I would love to purchase some spare parts for my Barco 808s, especially a power supply. It has been working well since you helped me set it up back in April....at least until a few days ago. I now realize the importance of spares and if I can help make your move easier thats even better.

Brian

·
Premium Member
24,322 Posts
Uh-oh - I was considering an 808 or 808s. ARE PS problems common with them? I thought it was older Barcos.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
I know I'm already on the list...please make sure I stay there :) I too would like spare parts for my ECP4000. ANything!

·
Registered
18,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the reply guys, but pls send me an email directly to my home email address. I send out lists about every two weeks, including this weekend. I'm trying to run through a bunch of modules that I have from stripped projectors to make sure they're OK, and I'll list what parts I have.

I'm going to the US next weekend to my freight warehouse to pick up approx 25 projectors (if they all show up), so the next couple of weeks should be interesting.

Cheers!

Curt

·
Registered
53 Posts
Noah,

I am not even sure if it is the power supply, I need to find someone local who can help me figure it out. I have described my problem as: screen flickering combined with image expansiona dn contraction and a high pitched sound.

the response I get is either PS problems or maybe a sync problem. It has only happened a few times but seems to be happening more often and is becoming worrisome. Other than the above described problem, I have had no problems and am extremely pleased with the image quality. If you are ever in the area, you are welcome to come and check it out.

Brian

·
Registered
28 Posts
Brian,

It sounds like your problem may be similar to a situation I had with a customer's Barco 1208. I don't know about the high-pitched sound, because they may have been sitting too far from the pj to hear, but the rest sounds like the same symptoms.

The problem turned out to be overheating caused by incorrectly closing the case. The foam that sat in the cover was not correctly sealing around the hole in the metal covering the main board, and not effectively channeling the hot air from the board to the outside. I don't know how the inside of your pj looks in relation to the 1208, but chances are good they work along the same principle. This overheating was causing the pj to shut down momentarily or the components to overheat and expand and contract the picture, etc.

So check to see that if there is a piece of foam surrounding an air exit hole on the inside of the pj cover, that it has not been crushed into an unusual shape by incorrectly closing the cover and moving it out of position or shape.

Jason

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.