AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I hear that Art opened his doors to his highly touted HT system this weekend, and that the partying didn't end until 5 AM or so. Apparently generous samples of his extensive wine collection were partaken of, and the call I got at 9 AM PST this morning was something like:


"Artsh's sheatre ish the besht motherfugding damn shing I ever shaw". Shorry Curt, I'm on one hoursh shleep..."


Which got me to thinking. Is Art's stack really nothing more than two 1031's badly converged, but when the wine flows, no one knows better?


:eek: :confused: :D :p


Jusht kidding of course, I know we're all envious and jealous of your setup Art!


One day I will head in that direction, now would someone give me an excuse to come east?


:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,234 Posts
Well, you could always stop by in Iowa, set up my Runco, and point out all of the differences between my 980 and a NEC. ;) I'll even go so far as to drive you the rest of the way to Art's. - that way, I have a chance of getting in the door...;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jon- the case is black.


Next technical question please.


;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Palme
So I hear that Art opened his doors to his highly touted HT system this weekend, and that the partying didn't end until 5 AM or so. Apparently generous samples of his extensive wine collection were partaken of, and the call I got at 9 AM PST this morning was something like:


"Artsh's sheatre ish the besht motherfugding damn shing I ever shaw". Shorry Curt, I'm on one hoursh shleep..."


Which got me to thinking. Is Art's stack really nothing more than two 1031's badly converged, but when the wine flows, no one knows better?


:eek: :confused: :D :p


Jusht kidding of course, I know we're all envious and jealous of your setup Art!


One day I will head in that direction, now would someone give me an excuse to come east?


:D
You kill me dude....... :D :eek: :D :eek:


ART, I DIDNET SHLURRRRR, I SHWEAR!!!!!!!! ;)


Cliff
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim
Guys!


This is sunrise after having 'too much medication'......
That sunrise this morning about kicked my ass into tomorrow :eek:


It was worth it though :D


Curt mentioned to me that he had a G90 on the way and was having an orgasm in his pants. Well, I retorted with "this weekend, I'm going to have two". :^)


Cliff
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by overclkr
Curt mentioned to me that he had a G90 on the way ...
If Curt wants to see it on a 20 gain speced Mocom curved screen, he is welcome to stop by my place with it. ;) Okay, the fine print is that the screen is just 87" wide.


--Darin
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
20,735 Posts
say darin, I forgot about this high gain screen contraption of yours, I will have to carve out an afternoon to take a peek here pretty soon!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Palme
Jon- the case is black.


Next technical question please.


;)
yeah, that's mine - but then whazzup with the one I saw on the 'bay - the case was white. Did Runco forget to upgrade that one, or was some Runco owner ashamed, and trying to make it look like an NEC? :confused:


You're still invited - no amazing pj or screen to see, but I can have you trying different amps and guitars until you look like the picture above :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,895 Posts
I didn't hear any slurring from Cliff but I sure was by about 4:00 or so I was still pilling on the demo stuff. I was standing at the screen with a still pattern and started in with one of my DLP /SXRD/ CRT harangues and there were just too damn many letters for my anesthetised tongue. :eek: :D I had fortunately warned you guys by then that I was just plain old drunk !


By the way Cliff ,Ryan is a cool guy. I enjoyed how many times I looked over and he was smiling.


I really had totally lost track of time.


Art
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Sonneborn
I had fortunately warned you guys by then that I was just plain old drunk!
Wasn't it AWESOME?? Yeah, we are paying a bit for it today but hell, you deserve it once in a while. :D


When you can let yourself get into a state of total relaxation with the people around you (which is very hard to do these days), you know you are surrounded by good company and last night I had a BLAST. Thanks so much :)


I however had the realization when I arrived home today how once again, well, um, I have a G70 and you have stacked G90's. Nuff said.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Sonneborn
By the way Cliff ,Ryan is a cool guy. I enjoyed how many times I looked over and he was smiling.

Art
He is a picky little son of a ***** isn't he?? But at the same time, that's why I like hanging around him. Yes, he is a cool dude.


I'm really looking foward to slapping the crap out of those wine bottles again soon. ;)


Cliff
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,729 Posts
Hey,


When I first got a CRT FP, I used to buy a 6 pack and watch a movie regularly. Soon I decided to learn enough about setting it up to calibrate it enough to be enjoy-ed while sober. Then I lost all that extra weight. I've heard that drinking wrecks your hearing and I believe it, so I steer clear of it now.


-Brian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darinp2
If Curt wants to see it on a 20 gain speced Mocom curved screen, he is welcome to stop by my place with it. ;) Okay, the fine print is that the screen is just 87" wide.


--Darin
How much would it cost to setup a 140" 4:3 Mocom?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamel407
How much would it cost to setup a 140" 4:3 Mocom?
I don't know if you can find the MSRP on their website, but I think it is something over $5k for a big one like this. Also, they are designed for certain throw distances and so you would want to keep that in mind anyway, although I think some variation from that is reasonable.


--Darin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,355 Posts
I tried calling LA and the guy said he would sell me a slightly scratched 147" for half price, but would not tell me what that price was specifically.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top