AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like a bit of a dork. I didn't stagger all my clips, so currently many of them line up. Wasn't thinking.

Will this cause a problem ?

It would probably take me a day to move them to where they should be, as its on a brick wall, so lots of hammer drilling.

Your thoughts ?

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
You're fine

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Sure. Have a beer instead.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by carboranadum
The orientation should not matter.
Its not so much the orientation, but the fact that they line up, so give less support to the drywall than if they were staggered.

Cheers

Jamie

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
In reality, the channels are the same distance, and the drywall is similarly supported

The reason for the staggering is to reduce the point load on the joists. That's the load that's being spread out via the staggering

·
RETIRED theater builder
36,152 Posts
WilsonJ, can you speak to why you are using RSIC clips and channel on the side walls instead of using framing isolation techniques and standard stick frame walls attached with RSIC 04 clips at the top?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC /forum/post/19589230

WilsonJ, can you speak to why you are using RSIC clips and channel on the side walls instead of using framing isolation techniques and standard stick frame walls attached with RSIC 04 clips at the top?

Good question, but one you might have to ask Dennis Erskine.

But off the top of my head I would say lack of space. The room is a little on the small side, and using wood frames would increase the gap more than just the clips and Furring channel.

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonj /forum/post/19591190

Good question, but one you might have to ask Dennis Erskine.

But off the top of my head I would say lack of space.

Exactly! I am using the same approach on my now finished theater design.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts