AVS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been waffling between HD DVD and BD...The price point of HD DVD A2 definately sent me over the edge. I couldn't resist at 237.00 shipped. The free movies are just fluff. Got the A2 and 12 movies(not including the five free) and I also got in on the CC Matrix deal for the heck of it last week. My A2 will be hooked up on Thursday along with my 12 movies(well, 15 including Matrix).

A2 + 12 movies from Amazon + Matrix CC Deal (15movies) + 5 free = Total Cost - 536.88

PS3 + 0 movies = Total Cost - 647.00 (including tax)

NO BRAINER!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Well come aboard.

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Enigma that is a phat deal man. 20 frelling movies an a player for under $550. Holy shazamite.

I'm close to that deal. I took advantage of the Google Checkout deals and finally got my player. I'm probably slightly over $600 for my whole setup.

Next up is a Sharp Aquos HD LCD.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmurchison /forum/post/0

Enigma that is a phat deal man. 20 frelling movies an a player for under $550. Holy shazamite.

I'm close to that deal. I took advantage of the Google Checkout deals and finally got my player. I'm probably slightly over $600 for my whole setup.

Next up is a Sharp Aquos HD LCD.

Thanks man.. Glad I finally decided on a format. Also, i have the 52 inch Sharp Aquos 1080p LCD. It was a little pricey, but the picture is godly.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Enigma- /forum/post/0

Thanks man.. Glad I finally decided on a format. Also, i have the 52 inch Sharp Aquos 1080p LCD. It was a little pricey, but the picture is godly.

I thought the Sharps had issues with banding? I'm waiting for the 57 inch Toshiba 57LX177 to be released.

I believe Enigma takes the prize for "deal of the year".

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert D /forum/post/0

I thought the Sharps had issues with banding? I'm waiting for the 57 inch Toshiba 57LX177 to be released.

It is one hell of a deal. You have to admit though, the Matrix for 20 beans....cool deal.

·
Registered
325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert D /forum/post/0

There are some sharps that have been reported to have banding.

I own the 3743u and there hasnt been any banding issues or any major issues for that matter with this set. I think the 92u series has had some banding issues reported.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.