AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished buying my HDTV pc online, i am awaiting delivery..

After researching for 2 months i finally lashed out, please let me know what tweaks/changes i can make!?!

I am so confused looking at the configuration guides/software decoding...however i am an utter picture & sound freak.

I would like optimal picture quality with my Samsung LE40M86(EU) LN-T4065F(North America)
Intel C2D E2160 1.8ghz 1mb Cache
Abit F-190HD - Integrated HDMI/VGA Outs,1080p capable.
A-data 2GB Kit AD2800U DDR2 800 PC6400 1GBx2
Abit Airpace PCI-E WLAN adaptor
Noctua NH-U9 Tower cpu heatsink with 120mm nexus silent fan(using adaptor)
Auzentech X-meridian sound card

These parts i have already:
Thermaltake Mozart w/VFD
430w Coolermaster Extreme Power PSU

160GB of storage

NEC Burner

LG Silent Player

This is what i will use my pc for:

Playing Full HD RIPS/HDDVDs from X-box 360 disk drive.

Playing ordinary dvds and video files and the occational game.

I will also be purchasing BRD player soon.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So will my pc be ok with the optimum ffdshow settings in the settings thread?

Can it cope with limitedsharpfaster/resizing dvds etc?

Do i need to know anything more?

·
Registered
6,077 Posts
You should be able to do standard DVD, but I'm not sure if you'll have enough horsepower to play HD DVDs.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I plan on overclocking to 3ghz, i looked at other posts and high bitrate HD seems to run ok..am i wrong..if so il have to buy a 8500 GT.

Thanks!

·
Registered
209 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgexander /forum/post/0

I plan on overclocking to 3ghz, i looked at other posts and high bitrate HD seems to run ok..am i wrong..if so il have to buy a 8500 GT.

Thanks!

i would not have gone with integrated HDMI on the MB, but rather purchased a geforce 8500/8600 or waited for the new ATI 2x00 cards.

·
Registered
6,077 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgexander /forum/post/0

Thanks!

Yeah, the 8500 or 8600 will help quite a bit with hardware accelerated decoding.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats what i was going to do aswell..the Abit board is v good value for money although.

It means i can get 374 mhz overclock..just the prospect of being able to play hd smoothley made the choice(based on the fact i could by one of the latter cards later on anyway)

Abit also announced amd/ati would release a patch to make the chip output 1080p using avivo h/w accel.

I saw in the F-190 HD thread that people have been playing hd flawlessly with this board.

As i have not got it yet i am concerned..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.