AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my multizone audio system is run with an EV electronic crossover, 240watt plate amp, and a Sonance 260 amp......

I use an Apple Airport Express to stream audio to my garage and back deck...so far

Big delema was how to switch on the three main components.....screw it, I'm leaving them on all the time !!!!! Now its ready to go anytime i am...not the greenest idea,but.......

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
your components will thank you for leaving them on.

What usually kills gear is the inrush of current at start up and decharging of capacitors at shut down.

If you leave them on al the time as I do you will problably see very little system failure ever. An in ideal they draw little current as well. I would get to caught up ont he "green" thing.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
I leave my gear on mostly. Especially computers. I don't believe in powering down computers. I go visit my mom, and have to wait 10 minutes while her Vista machine decides to power up and work.

If I want to play Star Craft 2, I want to play it as soon as I sit down at the PC. Not wait one minute for it to power up. I might change my mind not to play if it took that long

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.