AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to try out Snapstream, which required DirectX9, so I installed it. However, my Radeon 9000 PRO doesn't support it (or does it?). So I'm wondering whether it is hanging myHD when it wakes up from hibernation to record (this used to work). I can "solve" the problem by making the myHD recording event a background task, but I am wondering whether DX9 is causing my problem. Any way to uninstall DX9 at this point, or am I stuck?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Unfortunately DX9 (as with the last couple DX Revs) are a one way street. There is no easy way to uninstall. If its that bad, you may wanna reload your OS from Scratch.

Whenever you mess with DX, I would always reccomend getting a ghost backup of the Windows drive before proceeding.

·
Registered
16,840 Posts
yep , watch out for DX9b and WMP9 , they will mess up a perfectly working HTPC in no time .

--- Jason

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
I just did the same thing as I'm trying out both SS & Sage; I set a system restore point beforehand just-in-case, as I believe XP will allow me to rollback.

You did set a system restore point, didn't you?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
You did set a system restore point, didn't you?
You know, I was trying this stuff out sometime after midnight. I have no idea whether I did or not. I certainly don't recall being asked to set one by the installation.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
'System Restore' doesn't prompt you, its something you must remember to do before you install anything new... and it only comes with the Win XP OS. So if that's not your OS then all this talk of setting a restore point is moot. And system restore is not a fail-safe solution anyway. I had it fail me several times in the past until I got wise and started making drive images (I use Drive Image2002). It takes a little longer to make a full image but it is a fail-safe solution and my system runs significantly faster with system restore turned off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.